Cant find anything on full version of Nitemare 3D

Ask for help with playing games, or post your own tips and strategies.
plateshutoverlock

Cant find anything on full version of Nitemare 3D

Post by plateshutoverlock »

A long time ago, I purchaced the full Dos version of Nitemare 3D, but never got around to playing it. Just recently, I uncovered my copy (disks only) transfered the installation over to my Android Tablet running Dosbox Turbo, got everything set up and working fine. Unfortunatly on the 2nd and third episode I am stuck right in the beginning! Ok, i'll just see if there are any walkthroughs or cheats....

NOTHING!

The only things I found were the regen health cheat, a list of numbers supposedly being passwords for different levels in the first episode (without saying where to enter them, and I couldn't find it, so I suspect a troll here), and a very brief walkthrough for the first episode only. All this under an incredible amout of spam and junk including dosens of click bait
cheat sites (oh we have it, we have it! :::click::: oh, we don't have it, but you get to be the very first person to post the cheats here!!!!11!!1{do a happy dance}1!!11!) The authors website is no help, as they have
a hint booklet in PDF format, but with no apparent means of downloading
it without repuchasing the game. And I am at wits end.

Here are the problems:

Episode 2: I start out in a big room with an elevator which takes me to another floor identical to the I start on.
Both floors have the same room, with the same mirror that says "The mirror is cracked from side to side!" shooting at it,
and the walls around it or clicking on them produces no apparent effect on either floor

Episode 3: There is this big black sparkley space thingie in the middle of a large single room, and a message pops up
saying "You recover to witness the defunct plasma core's....blah blah blah.......posessions are scattered, doors are jammed shut....can't leave room...". Again clicking/shooting everything does nothing.

The start in the locked jailcell trope is tired and overused, but here it seems it has been taken to a frustratingy new
height, and if anyone knows how to get past either of these (or can give me some better search tips to filter out
the enourmous amount of crap in Google's results, beyond the basic exact and exclude operators), I would appreciate it.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

I know nada about Nightmare3D, but two options on "where" to enter codes:

1. Games like Quake, etc., had "consoles" accessible by keys like ~. Maybe Nightmare has such? Run a game you don't want to save, and press all keys, all keys plus modifiers (shift, alt, plus) and see if anything interesting happens?

2. Lots of games, like Duke Nukem 1 & 2, you just type them in "invisibly" and it recognizes them. No particular place, it just keeps track of keypresses as you run and jump around.

3. Sometimes you enter those on the commandline when you launch the game, so it starts at a specific level for testing.

---

Looks like the original dev/publisher still has it for sale, possibly they also have hints or walkthroughs?
http://www.dgray.com/n3dpage.htm

Ah, but now I see you said something like that in the midst of your screed. :)

---
Brainstorming: Elevator, any way to get off between floors?
Reviews say it's "more a puzzle game than regular shooter." Maybe these have a puzzle solution of some sort?

---

Looks like a few walkthroughs out there, though not sure if they are the first episode only. For example, here's one I found via google 'nightmare 3d walkthrough':
https://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/565298-hugo ... /faqs/2305
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

A quick check at YouTube immediately found a walkthrough of E2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nyH16BZz78

Maybe it will help you?
plateshutoverlock

Post by plateshutoverlock »

MrFlibble wrote:A quick check at YouTube immediately found a walkthrough of E2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nyH16BZz78

Maybe it will help you?

Thanks it will help.

I've figured out the 3rd episode start room. There is a ladder room hidden
inside the black thingy i've mentioned.

As for the episode one codes, yes, I did try to enter them Doom style,
but no dice. N3d does not have any kind of console/input for it that I can see,
and the pull down console did not appear in FPS games until the first
Quake which came out 2 years later (this is what popularized it).

I'll try to enter the codes as a command line parameter, but if nothing
happens, then I'll know for sure those are troll codes (i've seen this kind
of crap pulled before)