Weird Island

Ask for help with playing games, or post your own tips and strategies.

Weird Island

Post by Guest »

I remember playing this game when i was young and now i have re downloaded it to try and pass it again but i always continue to get stuck at one spot has anyone passed this and can supply me with walkthrough i need to put my mind at ease for this game its driving me crazy.

Thanks
kostis

Post by kostis »

Same thing here! I came across the game some 15 years ago and looked for it only very recently. I've made *some* progress in the game (up to Hemorroides's chambers) so maybe I can help . So which point is it you're stuck at?
Magicbus

Post by Magicbus »

Hi have done multiple different things

Here's a list of what I have done
-fixed medicine man
-went under lake
-got jewel
-got strange rock
-got sword off old chief
-went up tree house
-gave shroud to king
-got past bear
-can't open door with bells

Not sure about the statue thing or door with bells or if there's something I need to do with the fisherman

Any help is much appreciated
kostis

Post by kostis »

Wow! I had totally forgotten about the lake part! It must have been ...10 years? Didn't even go under it in my last playthrough. Maybe that's why I got stuck eventualy :) Did you use something to dive? Can't try it right now cause but I will at first chance.
Anyway, the bell puzzle uses the statue fingers as a hint. It's actually a reverse rainbow order. Put the number of fingers in rainbow color order, then reverse the list and hit the bells by number. Good luck!

Oh, and a question on my part: how do you go under the lake? It's been so long, and I can't figure it out again. It seems that this sword you mention getting from the old man is the key to finishing Hemorroides. Cheers!
Magicbus

Post by Magicbus »

To get below the lake you need the underwater breathing gear this is obtained after you have used the herbs on the sick person in the hut he gives you the key to the huts and the hut is in the village that you need to open and the breathing apparatus is in there once you go to the lake you use it, and then use flint to cut the weeds and then once at the next stage you use the shell to make the boulders fall down revealing the jewel used to open the alcove at the mountain and that guy gives you the sword you need to kill hemmoroids with.

Thanks for your help
kostis

Post by kostis »

Ok, I tried but, for the life of me, I can't find the breathing gear. I had already given the herbs to the patient, he had given me the village key, which I used on the tomb door, where the flag was. I didn't find any hut in the village that could be opened, apart from the patient's, any at all, not even south of the statue. No "hut" or "door" appears in the list of object that I can interact with in the village. Can you give me specific directions from the patient's hut where I can find the breathing gear? I need to settle this score
Thanks!

Edit: Got it! The door was right behind me in the same screen as the "cheef's" hut, which confused me a bit. :) It's settled then! And it only took 17 years :D
eg0n

Post by eg0n »

Any ideas how to open the door with the ringing bells?
~Gazelle~

Post by ~Gazelle~ »

So I saw this game on an episode of Shovelware Diggers and knew I had to play it. It was a blast and I loved exploring and seeing the crazy silly things this guy came up with. Glad to have played and beat it but-
I was having some trouble and tried to search around and pretty much nothing comes up (this topic doesn't even come up on Bing but it's one of the first on Google) so I thought I'd help any future searchers out by writing a small walkthrough of the game here (Hope that's okay!)

I strongly advise you play the game until you get stuck before referring to this guide! This will be as sans-spoilers as I can make it.

From the start of the game go left then down and Take the Herbs in the Clearing,

then head down three screens in to the Jungle and head right three screens to the Path,

then head up once and Use the Herbs on the Patient and Speak to them then take the Village Key,

head back once to the Path and Use the Village Key on the Hut Door then Open the Hut Door,

now head down once and Take the Breathing Equipment from the Hut and Use it to equip it,

go up one then right one and Examine the Statue then all five Toes,

rearrange the colors by their place in a rainbow (Google or Bing for help) and write down the toe numbers in that order irl,

now head down one screen and Take the Fruit then return to the Jungle,

head up two screens then once to the left and then up and Use the Village Key on the Tomb Door,

Open the Tomb Door then go left and take the Shroud and head back three times to the Jungle,

then go three to the right and Use the Fruit on the Bear and head up one and Take the Flint,

now return to the Jungle and head down once then to the right and take the Vine,

back left then down 4 times then right once to the Shore and Take the Shell,

now left twice then up and Use the Vine on the Palm Tree then head left and Take the Coconut,

head right twice and Use the Coconut on the Rock then down once and Use the Coconut on the Sea,

head up one and two to the right and use the Coconut on the Soldier and head right then up,

Use the Shroud on the King and Take the Strange Rock then return to the Jungle and head up once,

now to the left three times to the Under Lake and Use the Flint on the Weeds and head left and up,

then Use the Shell and head left and Take the Jewel then return to the Jungle and head up twice,

now go right three times and down and Examine the Retreat Door and Use the Jewel on the Alcove,

now head down and Take the Weapon and return to the Jungle then head left once and up once,

now examine the Temple Door then Pull the Bells in the numbered order we got from the Statue Toes in the village,

go up twice and right then Use the Strange Rock on the Scales and then left twice,

lastly Use the Weapon on Hemorroides.

Congratulations!
And don't forget to Use the Droppings, oh man that's some sick stuff haha.