1/2 OT.. general cheat program

Ask for help with playing games, or post your own tips and strategies.
Michi

1/2 OT.. general cheat program

Post by Michi »

Hey guys!

I used to have some nice cheat program in the good old dos times.. It was loaded right before you started the game and when you pressed some key combination the game was freezed and the cheat program opened. One essential functionality was that you could enter a number (lives, money etc.), and the game memory was searched for that number. After that you spent some money or lost one life and restarted the cheat to let it search again. After repeating this procedure 2-5 times it normally found the right memory position and let it change.

Does anybody know what program i'm talking about and if it runs in DOSBox?

Michi
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

There are zillions of those savegame editors around.
Google a bit and you'll find them.
As is: http://www.bookcase.com/library/softwar ... nedit.html
Or look on some ol'shareware whatever dos CDs, there are always such progs on them.
Some are even 'game specific'.
Google FTW!

BTW, moved from Find Old Games, you're not looking for a game but you're a cheater.

[Edit]
Oh yeah, almost forgot, most (if not all) dos based cheat programs work in dosbox.
And be sure to mount a folder as 'virtual C:' in dosbox and not your C:/root when using those things, the last thing you want is some obscure HEX editor writing stuff on your C:/root.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

For the most part, files like the one you're looking for are called <i>Trainers</i>. That may help you in your Internet questing.
danrevella

Post by danrevella »

dos cheat programs:
- Infinity Machine
- Game Wizard 32
- Fix People Expert
-Crackermate
-Game Buster
_Game tools

All are working in emulators.
((°J°)) peace & love