Executor - Mac emulator

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
Tompa
Douglas Adams

Executor - Mac emulator

Post by Tompa »

Does somebody have some experience with the mac emulator "Executor"? I am trying to run a game which requires black & white, but the latest version doesn't seem to be able to switch to 2 colors. ( The option is greyed out in the prefs ) Might this be a problem in XP?

I also downloaded the old DOS version, which screws up the emulators file system one some of the files, making at least that game unplayable.

Should I try a boot into dos? Or is it possible to switch to 2 colors in the latest version?

Btw, the game is Beyond Dark Castle.

Post by Guest »

if have tryed to use one but trying to find the stuff for it is hell
Tompa
Douglas Adams

Post by Tompa »

By stuff, you mean info about it? Troubleshooting and such? I agree. :)

Still strange why executor shows 2 colors as an option, when it's not possible to switch to it. Perhaps if I switched to another version of the OS... I think I used 6.0.7 now... But that should handle 2 colors right?
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Can i suggest you just get an Old classic to play this on?

IF you dont want to there is always basalisk II (Another emu)
Tompa
Douglas Adams

Post by Tompa »

You can suggest it. :) Actually - the computer I played on is still in my family, so I could use it, but here in my appartment there is no room for another computer. Even if that computer is small ("SE", not "classic"). The computer is located at the familys summer house for now.

Does basislisk II require me to extract a boot rom for it to work? or how is that? Executor does not.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway!