Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow & the Flame

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
mickey!

Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow & the Flame

Post by mickey! »

hey y'all. I was wondering if anyone could help me out here. I downloaded Prince of Persia 2 recently. I unzipped it, and it works whenever I start the game up. You know right at the beginning, when prince jumps through the window and has to battle a guard right away? well, as soon as i come into contact with him (attacking or blocking his attack), the dang game freezes. can't figure out for the life of me what's the problem, and i'm forced to exit through the window key every time. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be happy to try 'em out; i'm starving for some old-school gaming nostalgia! :cuccoan:
GameMaster.EXE
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by GameMaster.EXE »

OS?
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Re: Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow & the Flame

Post by JKSM »

mickey! wrote:right at the beginning, when prince jumps through the window and has to battle a guard right away? well, as soon as i come into contact with him (attacking or blocking his attack), the dang game freezes.
According to the FAQ problem on Jalal's website, the common problem people have with Prince of Persia 2 & solution is stated:
Problem: Game Freeze on first or second or in the cave levels and get very slowly sometimes then stop or keep moving slowing and freezing ...

Solution: Go to the game directory right click on the prince.exe choose properties, then compatibility then select to start that game in window 95 or 98/Me. Now click on setup or install (come with the game ) highlight Use higher Memory (if available) and in the sound setup use Standard PC Internal Speaker

Note: Don't forget to extract all game files to the same directory and don't test anything on a shortcut for the game
This problem is to do with sound. Your problem is likely to be the same. Try the above suggestion and see if it helps you.
Skalibur

Hey...!

Post by Skalibur »

HEY MAN, I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM OF THE ANOTHER GUY, I WENT TO PROPERTIES OF PRINCE. EXE. Well, I worrk with Windows XP, and there is no a choice to put it; well i out window nt and 98 but thats doesnt work...What else can I do???. My fucking prince get slow and I hate it...pls help!!!
GameMaster.EXE
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by GameMaster.EXE »

Either run the game in Windows 95/98/ME in dos mode or use DOSbox under Windows NT/2000/Xp