x-com too big for screen?

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
shirtshirt

x-com too big for screen?

Post by shirtshirt »

Hi,

I'm trying to get X-Com:UFO Defense to work. (I've read all the posts about it and none of them are relevant). The program will run pretty well, but the game is too big for the screen and goes off the edges, making it impossible to read some text and press some buttons. My monitor flashes "OUT OF RANGE" in the middle of the screen. I've tried running it through DosBox, but it said X-com couldn't be run through DOS. (???!)

I have:

Windows XP
2.0 Ghz P4
Intel 82845G Graphics Controller (not sure if that even counts as a graphics card)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
Cakephatt
Expert
Expert

Post by Cakephatt »

You said it ran pretty well; what type of dos emulator did you use the first time? does it run in windows? If so, what type of monitor do you have?
I would suggest re-installing the drivers or manually adjusting the screen resolution using the little buttons on your monitor. If nothing works, hold down the F8 key and enable VGA graphics, if possible, uninstall all of the drivers for your current monitor and re-install them off of the XP drivers CD. You may have to use a different CD if you are using a monitor other than a dell.
YOU ARE ALL MY SLAVES! NOW DO AS I SAY AND DRINK THE KOOL - AID
IANAL
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
I-ANAL is a Usenet and chat abbreviation (acronym) for "I am not a lawyer." A similar abbreviation, TINLA, stands for "This is not legal advice."
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I want do download excom, plz!!!!!!