it just wont load

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.

it just wont load

Post by Guest »

i've downloaded and unziped lemmings in xp but it just wont load at all,what shall i do?
Elign

Post by Elign »

Tell us what happens when you try to load Lemmings (error messages, window boxes, messages, etc.)
Dosser
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dosser »

Also, have you got the original lemmings or the windows version?
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

Lemmings & Oh No Lemmings are dos versions. If you want to run the under Windows XP, you will have to use dosbox. Otherwise, the games would not work.

If someone was running them under Windows 95, they would have to run it under pure dos mode. Otherwise, it would the screen would flicker too much.

They work best under Windows 3.1 . However, using dosbox with newer computers would make the games well enough like running under Windows 3.1

Alternatively, you can play "Lemmings for Windows 95". It is the windows version of Lemmings & Oh No Lemmings.

It depends whether you downloaded the original version or the cracked version. If you downloaded the cracked version, don't install it. You can run it directly via the bat file included. If it is the original version, you have to save it under 2 floppy disks. Then install the game and it will read from your floppy disks.

Guest, after you have answer the questions asked by the 2 posters above, then we may be able to help you in greater detail.

My sister bought the original version when it first came out. This is one of the games I like and tried it under all the PC that I have upgraded to over the years. I bought / own all the PC games in the Lemmings Series. The earlier ones are dos versions and the later ones windows version. Each one have their own technical requirements. I must say Win XP is not too fond of them and they require extra effort to make them work on an Win XP. I still prefer playing them under a Windows 95.

Post by Guest »

:(

Post by Guest »

ppl would u plz tell me how i launch the games , i don't know exactly how 2 start it , :( i know it's silly request .

Post by Guest »

ppl would u plz tell me how i launch the games , i don't know exactly how 2 start it , :( i know it's silly request .
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Anonymous wrote:i've downloaded and unziped lemmings in xp but it just wont load at all,what shall i do?
Elign wrote:Tell us what happens when you try to load Lemmings (error messages, window boxes, messages, etc.)
What version of lemmings ?
Unzipped : in what folder ?
What have you tried t'll now ?
Have you tried dosbox ?
If you get an error warning : what is it ?
?
Details are needed if you want us to be able to help you.