Quake 1

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
Novi

Quake 1

Post by Novi »

Hmm well i downloaded it. And it came already installed in a zip. So i unzipped it and tried to play it but i couldnt. I tried changing the compatibility with no luck.
Ive been on some quake forums but didnt really find much.
So is it possible to play it?

Tnx for the help
Novi

Post by Novi »

Btw i think its classed as abandonware now so its all legal :)
Novi

Post by Novi »

I downloaded a shareware version too but couldnt get that to work either... any solutions to this problem?

Post by Guest »

O wait i downloaded eQuake and its working now :)
CloudCobain
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by CloudCobain »

You're wrong, abandonware is not legal.

And how do these guests get away with quadruply posting crap. Where are the moderators?
Lack of iron and/or sleeping.
x86_Game-Junkie
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by x86_Game-Junkie »

Abandonware isn't illegal, it's just discontinued...which means he can get limited technical support for the game!!

Depending on your version of Windows you might need a DOS Emulator to run Quake. If you are playing it on a 95/98 Machine restart the computer in MS-DOS Mode.
macca 2

Post by macca 2 »

greetings,

I am trying to run quake 1 on win xp with no luck. it doesnt even start when i double click on it. it just shows a black screen and then exits.
I have seaqrched on dos advidce and t hasn't helped much. i have tried the compatibibiloty with no luck.
any suggestions?
cheers
macca 2

Post by macca 2 »

greetings,

I am trying to run
quake 1 on win xp
with no luck. it doesnt even start when i double click on it. it just shows a black screen and then exits.
I have seaqrched on dos advidce and t hasn't helped much. i have tried the compatibibiloty with no luck.
any suggestions?
cheers