BLOCKOUT doesn't start up at playdosgames [Solved]

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
nvdv

Post by nvdv »

sadly, when starting blockout it falls into a dos prompt: please press R to restart . . . which doesnt help . . .
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

BLOCKOUT doesnt start up . . .

Post by MrFlibble »

You're trying to play it off some site in the browser, aren't you? Which one? Should we guess?
nvdv

BLOCKOUT doesnt start up . . .

Post by nvdv »

i play it from: playdosgames com play blockout
did it for weeks and suddenly it doesnt work anymore.
I am "not an expert" . . ..
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

BLOCKOUT doesn't start up at playdosgames

Post by MrFlibble »

Then I guessed right. The thing is, the file on the site has been replaced recently. It works for me, but you likely need to refresh your browser cache:

a. open the Blockout page in your browser
b. press Ctrl + F5 and / or Shift + F5 to refresh page with cache

Depending on your browser, the key combo might be different. If the above does not work for you, please consult your browser's manual/docs on how to "hard refresh". Please tell us if this worked!
nvdv

BLOCKOUT doesn't start up at playdosgames

Post by nvdv »

Thanx for your help MrFlibble!
At first page didnt reload on the ctr F5 command (which is correct for Firefox, I checked).
Then I tried different browsers and there the game was loading and working properly: so you were right that it was a browser issue!
I then cleared my history, after which the page did reload at the ctr F5 command.
Game is working again, albeit in a less smooth way than before the file replacement. Blocks are falling in little shocks rather than a continuous drop That is the same in all browsers I tried
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

nvdv wrote: Game is working again, albeit in a less smooth way than before the file replacement. Blocks are falling in little shocks rather than a continuous drop That is the same in all browsers I tried
I think this is supposed to be that way, maybe the new zip contains different default settings for speed?