Quick Question Regarding Original CDs

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
LordCrumb

Quick Question Regarding Original CDs

Post by LordCrumb »

Hi all,

Probably been asked a million times, but if I have the original game CD, do these downloads work with them?

Like I have Shadow Warrior and want to try out one of the old Expansion Packs (Twin Dragon) https://www.dosgamesarchive.com/download/twin-dragon/

I'm not using Dosbox, just an old Windows98 machine. I just install my game like I used to, and will this download install normally like old expansion packs did? Or is this ONLY for Dosbox?

Cheers!
Hamish

just recently got back into my old games with an old computer and looking for some expansion packs and such for the games I do still have.
486 player
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by 486 player »

Will. Game files themselves haven't changed.
NO Windows, NO DOSBox, DOS!
LordCrumb

Post by LordCrumb »

Thanks very much!
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Both Shadow Warrior expansions, as well as other files on the site, are provided as released back in the day, and in case of the add-ons, exactly for users like you who have the original base game but not the expansions (they're bundled with all modern re-releases).

I haven't heard of any DOS game that has been specifically modified to work with DOSBox, usually it's the other way around, DOSBox gets updated for better compatibility/emulation support.