Help me with "acter world"

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
edy88

Help me with "acter world"

Post by edy88 »

I spent WEEKS looking for this game. Now, I know its name and I have already downloaded it (here, because it seems that this is the only site in the world that say something about it: http://www10.plala.or.jp/bb/zac/actwd_e.html)
I have Windows 10 in my machine. I tried to run it, and, for my happiness, it didn't work, of course. I tried ALL the "compatibility settings" possible, and tried to run Virtual Box with windows 95 (because this game run in win 95/98), but, again, it didn't work. So, if some good soul can help me runnig this game, I would really apreciate. My HATE by PROGRAMMING IS GROWING EXPONENCIALLY, I can't EVEN play the games I WANT BECAUSE THEY MAKE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT COMPLEX. So, please, help me and speak without using words that I wouldn't understand, in order to avoid me turning my computer into DUST WITH A HAMMER.
Sorry for the bad english.
Thank you for your attention.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

If it doesn't want to even run in Windows 95 then something might be wrong with the version that you got.

What kind of error messages do you get when it refuses to work?
edy88

Post by edy88 »

Well, its not that it didn't work on windows 95, I can not use the Virtual box, so It might work, yes. However, I'm too dumb to get it working well (I am also a little angry, as you can see.)
But when I used the "compatibility settings" that windows 10 offers,the game
was initializated, but the screen was all black, but I could hear the music playing and I could "play" the game...
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

If you're willing to go through the trouble of installing Linux and trying to run it through Wine that might work. You can also try ReactOS in a virtual machine.