Sim tower dosbox-0.74 save game HELP!! Won't save

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
arowe93

Sim tower dosbox-0.74 save game HELP!! Won't save

Post by arowe93 »

Hey guys, I downloaded Dosbox onto my new laptop along with everything else I need to be able to play Sim tower. On my old laptop I had no problem at all. I copied my saved files from the old sim tower folder onto my new laptop and now when I try to save the game, it says "Disk is full or locked". Can anyone help me with this? I got all the way to 4 stars and the SOB didn't save :angry:

Any help would be appreciated.

Operating a Asus zenbook windows 10. Game works perfectly just won't fricken save.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

You might have a permissions issue in windows. The files or directory copied from the old computer may be read-only for your user. That is pretty common an issue. Right click -> properties on the folder and/or files, check the read-only flag and the security tab to make sure you have write/full permissions.

More rare, but you might have "too much free space" on your new hard drive and dosbox and the game sometimes combine to say "no free space" / "disk full" when that happens. There's a parameter on the mount command to tell dosbox not to report more than the amount of freespace you tell it, as I recall. I'm not able to look it up at the moment, but you should be able to find it in dosbox mount docs.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Quadko wrote:More rare, but you might have "too much free space" on your new hard drive and dosbox and the game sometimes combine to say "no free space" / "disk full" when that happens. There's a parameter on the mount command to tell dosbox not to report more than the amount of freespace you tell it, as I recall. I'm not able to look it up at the moment, but you should be able to find it in dosbox mount docs.
It's freesize (I also used to think it was "freespace" :)).