Install disk issues; Eye of the Beholder HELP!

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
Tombstone
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Install disk issues; Eye of the Beholder HELP!

Post by Tombstone »

My install floppies for Eye of the Beholder took a hit from long storage.

I managed to recover the files from the disks, but I forgot to keep track of which files go on which disk, and what the volume labels are supposed to be.

The install program will not recognize the copies I made because either the wrong files are present/not present on the disk, and/or the volume labels are gone/incorrect.

Does anyone have an original set of Eye of the Beholder install disks and if so, would you mind posting me here a list of the files on each of the two 3 1/2" disks in the set and the volume labels please?

Thank you.
<b><font color="#FF0000">Thank GOD for <a href="http://www.v-com.com/product/sc7_ind.html">System Commander</a>. Now, anything is possible.</font></b>

IBM PC/AT 386 DX/40
8 MB RAM
Western Digital WD90C11-LR VGA
Always IN-2000 SCSI Adapter
Sound Blaster 16/AWE32 (CT3990)
Thrustmaster Pro FCS
Belkin Serial Mouse
MS-DOS 6.22
Tombstone
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Tombstone »

Awww, c'mon... Anybody?
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

you <i>could</i> always try downloading it off a site. I'm not sure of any sites w/ it, but I'm sure there are a few of them around.
Tombstone
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Tombstone »

Actually, I had to do that to recover a couple of files from the install set that were too badly damaged to be recovered.

They all have the contents of both install diskettes combined in a single archive file, which is uninstallable. You have to have the right files on the right diskettes, and the diskette's volume labels need to be a certain thing.

Too bad my dumb ass didn't bother to note any of that information before I threw away the diskettes from my original install set. Now I'm screwed unless someone has an original copy of the game and can tell me the correct volume labels and give me a file list for each diskette.
<b><font color="#FF0000">Thank GOD for <a href="http://www.v-com.com/product/sc7_ind.html">System Commander</a>. Now, anything is possible.</font></b>

IBM PC/AT 386 DX/40
8 MB RAM
Western Digital WD90C11-LR VGA
Always IN-2000 SCSI Adapter
Sound Blaster 16/AWE32 (CT3990)
Thrustmaster Pro FCS
Belkin Serial Mouse
MS-DOS 6.22