full screen mode not supported? Vista related

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
Post Reply
Jules10

full screen mode not supported? Vista related

Post by Jules10 »

I downed Keen, use winzip and it says full screen mode not supported. It isn't in fsm but won't runwhen I ignore. I have VISTA :cry:
User avatar
dosraider
Admin
Admin
Posts: 9243
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:06 pm
Location: ROTFLMAO in Belgium.

Post by dosraider »

:cry: dosbox :cry:

http://www.dosgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5443

I hope you run your Vista with full writing rights, not with some crummy guest or restricted account or you will soon be :cry: again.

*Edit
Is someone volunteer for writing a dosbox howto for restricted or guest accounts in Vista?
:upset:
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
User avatar
coldie
Expert
Expert
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:42 am
Location: None of your bussiness

Post by coldie »

if i knew how i would :D
Image
User avatar
wardrich
"Some Troll"
Posts: 3940
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2002 9:08 pm
Location: Ontario Canada

Post by wardrich »

dosraider wrote:Is someone volunteer for writing a dosbox howto for restricted or guest accounts in Vista? :upset:

No problem.

1. Grab the closest XP cd you have to you
2. Format your system to XP
3. Install dosbox
User avatar
dosraider
Admin
Admin
Posts: 9243
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:06 pm
Location: ROTFLMAO in Belgium.

Post by dosraider »

THX wardrich, I knew I could count on you.

[CASE SOLVED]
:D
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
User avatar
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin
Posts: 4143
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:06 am
Location: Romania

Post by Larry Laffer »

wardrich wrote:
dosraider wrote:Is someone volunteer for writing a dosbox howto for restricted or guest accounts in Vista? :upset:

No problem.

1. Grab the closest XP cd you have to you
2. Format your system to XP
3. Install dosbox

...

XP?... You... suggest... XP?


Who are you and what did you do to wardrich? :angry:
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
User avatar
dosraider
Admin
Admin
Posts: 9243
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:06 pm
Location: ROTFLMAO in Belgium.

Post by dosraider »

Larry Laffer wrote:Who are you and what did you do to wardrich? :angry:
It is still our own wardrich.
But, he stopped drinking beer, and the detoxification isn't going very swell.
His cerebral cortex has some neurological abnormalities.

The poor.
Tsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
:lolcat:
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
User avatar
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2451
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2002 2:25 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Post by emmzee »

Eh if you have to use Windows, go with XP.
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
User avatar
dosraider
Admin
Admin
Posts: 9243
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:06 pm
Location: ROTFLMAO in Belgium.

Post by dosraider »

Now yeah, seriously now.
Vista is a reality, it is on most new PCs that are sold, so the probs with restricted accounts will surface.
And even if dosbox works flawless in Vista -(Yay for the dosbox team, nice work they've done)- there is the problem of writing to the HD.
Must try someday if it's even possible to save a game when a mounted C isn't situated in the personal 'documents' folder of the non-adm user.
I seriously doubt it.

So those on a restricted account will need a long mount C line ..... 'your_name' included.
Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

*Edit
Some more bad thoughts:
Situation: 2 share a home PC.
Each their own account on Vista.
See what I mean?
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
User avatar
wardrich
"Some Troll"
Posts: 3940
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2002 9:08 pm
Location: Ontario Canada

Post by wardrich »

Larry Laffer wrote: XP?... You... suggest... XP?
Who are you and what did you do to wardrich? :angry:
Well, if you're gonna run 9x you don't need dosbox, and if they're running Vista, they're probably clueless about Linux... so the easiest option would be XP.
User avatar
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers
Posts: 4708
Joined: Thu May 01, 2003 8:30 pm

Post by Wally »

Wardrich forgot the motion of 'shredding' the vista disk
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I'm also running Vista and am unable to actually install the downloaded games because "the system does not support full screen mode". I was hoping someone might be able to help me out with solving this.
User avatar
Guated
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:22 pm

Post by Guated »

dosraider wrote:Now yeah, seriously now.
Vista is a reality, it is on most new PCs that are sold, so the probs with restricted accounts will surface.
And even if dosbox works flawless in Vista -(Yay for the dosbox team, nice work they've done)- there is the problem of writing to the HD.
Must try someday if it's even possible to save a game when a mounted C isn't situated in the personal 'documents' folder of the non-adm user.
I seriously doubt it.

So those on a restricted account will need a long mount C line ..... 'your_name' included.
Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

*Edit
Some more bad thoughts:
Situation: 2 share a home PC.
Each their own account on Vista.
See what I mean?
did they finaly make dosbox work on vista?
User avatar
dosraider
Admin
Admin
Posts: 9243
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:06 pm
Location: ROTFLMAO in Belgium.

Post by dosraider »

Kyle wrote:I'm also running Vista and am unable to actually install the downloaded games because "the system does not support full screen mode". I was hoping someone might be able to help me out with solving this.
Vista -> dosgames -> Dosbox

Or install VPC2004+MSDos6.22.
Dosbox is easier.

Period.

Guated, yes, dosbox 0.72 works flawless under Vista.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
User avatar
dosraider
Admin
Admin
Posts: 9243
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:06 pm
Location: ROTFLMAO in Belgium.

Post by dosraider »

Coming soon in this nuthouse:

Running Dosbox0.72 on Vista with a 'standard' log in.
In a way it's possible to install-load-save games without an admin account.

Coming soon ...... :suspicious:

*Edit
BTW I'm working on it for Vista home 32 bit, I think that will be the most used by our dear 'guests/members'.
The 64 bit will have to wait ......

*Edit
Done.
http://www.dosgames.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1683#81683
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
User avatar
abyss
Moloral Compass
Moloral Compass
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:13 pm

Post by abyss »

Actually using dosbox on win 98 gives better compatibility
<i>Formerly known as Hulk Hogan.</i>
User avatar
dosraider
Admin
Admin
Posts: 9243
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:06 pm
Location: ROTFLMAO in Belgium.

Post by dosraider »

Would you care to explain that statement Abyss?

'Cause I really don't understand what you mean by that.
Better dosbox compability ? Regarding what specific situation?

Once you use Dosbox, is it on W98, W2K, Xp, or Vista, Mac or Linux, you're on dosbox, period.

The problems with full screen are NOT OS related, but hardware related.

Lets say you're on W98 with a wide screen TFT monitor that can't lower his refresh rate or can't go full screen in lower graphical resolutions, you're screwed.

So again:
Would you care to explain that statement Abyss?
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Post Reply