p2p rule

Forum for all the suggestions that have 1. nothing to do with our two websites (Dosgames.com/ DosGamesArchive) and 2. are not bug reports.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

p2p rule

Post by Wally »

I have seen a few posts to do with the topic of p2p downloading.. Although it isnt illegal to use but users are telling people to try and download a game from there.

Example: http://www.dosgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4172

I know I started that with kazaa and I admit that mistake.

Just a thought :)
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

AFAIK, there's nothing illegal about p2p agents. No one is providing links to illegal material, just mentioning that it might be possible to find it on a p2p filesharing agent... I don't really see why you locked it.
Dosser
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dosser »

Quite simply, some games are so obscure we'll never see them available for download except occasionally P2P.

It's not as if vast quantities of people are being told to use P2P, just a few whose old games are not available elsewhere.
Wally

Post by Wally »

Like i said: nothing illegal but it is quite understandable that its free and quite a large system but generally speaking its just full of spyware, viruses and warez. For our users sake best not to provide P2P networking solutions.. Well that sorta breaches our 'Other source than the underdogs rule'. :no: Well why not allow users to post torrents then?
Wally

Post by Wally »

Discussed this with Darren. DB you may lock this.. Its all sorted NB: No P2P rule
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Very well.