What to do with all those "dead topics...

Forum for all the suggestions that have 1. nothing to do with our two websites (Dosgames.com/ DosGamesArchive) and 2. are not bug reports.

Do you agree with this topic?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 9

Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

What to do with all those "dead topics...

Post by Kazer0 »

We should have a new forum or sub-forum (if you can on php) for topics that have not been replyed to after a certain amount of time. That way, the page taks less time to load, and people looking for things can look in there instead of having to ask.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

The pages take a lot of time to load? what kind of connection do you have, kazer0? By the way, the board is already set up to only show the first 50 topics. To see more, you can press a button to see the next 50 and so on. This topic is void as it has no point. (it's already been taken care of)
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Post by Kazer0 »

sorry, i didnt know that. Thanks anyways...
GameMaster.EXE
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by GameMaster.EXE »

I think you should create a new section called "The Archives" and it should contain old, and I mean really old, topics and posts. I don't see the harm in doing it, except it means more work for emmzee :D
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Oh, no no no. We wouldn't want to do anything as drastic as, say, making it imposible for people to post in topics that HAVEN'T BEEN AROUND FOR THREE YEARS, would we?
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Deleted post from spammer wrote: Thanks for pointing this out. The main problem here is that many parts of the DOSGames.com site are nearly 10 years old, and back then I probably had little concept of the developer/publisher distinction. Generally the company name listed on the site is the publisher; hence, the name listed for Keen Dreams is "Softdisk Publishing" because they are the ones whose name appeared on the box
The irony.. This topic is nearly 10 years old and you replied to it.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

He's one of those copy bots. <a href="http://dosgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... ng">Here's the same post by emmzee</a>

I've edited your post for context as I'm also going to remove the spam post and delete the user.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Fuckin..