solar winds 2 help

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
invictius

solar winds 2 help

Post by invictius »

is there a walkthru or guide for this game?
HappyHarvick29
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Nevermind

Post by HappyHarvick29 »

The demon soars through dark skies
Fear and death trail the shadow beneath
Until men united wield hallowed saber
In final reckoning, the beast is slain.
The_Sinister_Mastermind
<font color=red><b>Overlord</b></font>

Post by The_Sinister_Mastermind »

HappyHarvick29 that's spam if I ever saw it, please don't. invictius try GameWinners, GameFAQs, IGN, MobyGames etc.
<center>I am the master, fear none but me. I am the master of all that will be... Image

Are you looking for Z? - DOSBox & D-Fend Guide! - I’m looking for 4 games!
Best Of Windows Entertainment Package

DOSgames IRC is back! now with DOS Trivia!
Server: irc.p2p-network.net
Channel: #DOSgames
For mIRC users: irc://irc.p2p-network.net/DOSgames

Please don’t PM me every time you can’t find a game, I really don’t have time to logon to the site that often let alone be your personal assistant.
Just use the “Finding Old Games” subforum like everyone else.</center>

Post by Guest »

The_Sinister_Mastermind wrote:HappyHarvick29 that's spam if I ever saw it, please don't. invictius try GameWinners, GameFAQs, IGN, MobyGames etc.
Tried all those. My main problem is doing all the army missions, then having no further missions. I've opened up some files in a hex editor, and there's a lot more missions to do, but I can't access them - I just don't get any more instructions.
HappyHarvick29
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by HappyHarvick29 »

The_Sinister_Mastermind wrote:HappyHarvick29 that's spam if I ever saw it, please don't. invictius try GameWinners, GameFAQs, IGN, MobyGames etc.
I wasn't spamming, I decided not to respond, cause I went on to read the topic that was posted below this one that explained in more detail what this person wanted. When I determined that I wouldn't be able to help him, I got rid of my post here. How is that spam? I don't go around making posts like '...' just for fun. Sorry.
The demon soars through dark skies
Fear and death trail the shadow beneath
Until men united wield hallowed saber
In final reckoning, the beast is slain.
The_Sinister_Mastermind

Meh, don’t worry about it, but next time if you decide not to respond then there’s no need to post “…”.
Anonymous wrote:Tried all those. My main problem is doing all the army missions, then having no further missions. I've opened up some files in a hex editor, and there's a lot more missions to do, but I can't access them - I just don't get any more instructions.
Well I’ve never played the game so sorry I can’t really be of much assistance, maybe someone else around here has and they can point you in the right direction with that mission.
<center>I am the master, fear none but me. I am the master of all that will be... Image

Please don’t PM me every time you can’t find a game, I really don’t have time to logon to the site that often let alone be your personal assistant.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

I've beaten both of the Solar Winds several times. What exactly is your problem with the Army? Maybe you failed to pass one of the missions? (Describe the mission is detail, please)

Anyway, thanks for posting! Though IMO, SWII isn't nearly as good as the original. (Which kicked sooooo much ass)

Post by Guest »

Dogbreath wrote:I've beaten both of the Solar Winds several times. What exactly is your problem with the Army? Maybe you failed to pass one of the missions? (Describe the mission is detail, please)

Anyway, thanks for posting! Though IMO, SWII isn't nearly as good as the original. (Which kicked sooooo much ass)
Gah, this board doesn't have a PM function so I'll post it here...

I've passed all 5 missions with the army. Patrolling some system, killing all the pirates, killing the asassinator, purging the invaders from another system (where I was told I only had to destroy the "control ship" but on my 2nd game, I destroyed them all). I forget what I had to do in 1 of the missions, but I definately did complete all five - the colonel said there's no more work for me to do. I'm in posession of the grey key. I've completed every mission in the 5 vortexes.

I found out through hex-editing that contacting the senator (that was going to be asassinated) gives you ria crystals, so I started the game from scratch, again, and contacted every planet in the system (getting the crystals mustn't be essential to completing the game, it must be by pure chance that you just communicate with the right planet, you're not told to do it) - when I did that, the asassinator was nowhere to be seen. Once I'm told that there's no more work, the mission screen is blank, he hasn't told me to go anywhere else "take it easy for a while, you've earnt it" and after a while, I get told to see the army recruiter. He tells me that I've beaten the record on shooting the targets (already been told that when I actually did it) and tells me to see the colonel. Colonel tells me there isn't any more missions. Just an endless loop. I went back to the alien who wants me to bring down the shields, and I don't get told anything new - only option is "end communication".

The only thing I could possibly have done wrong is not using hyperdrive (conserve power, run dosbox in the background until your at your destination - the only way I can see how you can run the game without having a win98 or earlier system). I'm utterly stuck - the only thing I could possibly have done, apart from not using hyperdrive, is picking up the crystals, but every time I go to do that, or hunt the asassin, she just isn't there. It's pretty frustrating, doing all the army missions, 4 times now, and having the same bug. Do you have a savegame, or any suggestions, to get me past this? I don't think anything apart from a savegame can help me out, and even though SW1 may be better, I want to save the human race damnit :laugh: There isn't even any text in BH_CONV to tell me the text that appears when you've completed the game.
The_Sinister_Mastermind

Anonymous wrote:Gah, this board doesn't have a PM function so I'll post it here...
Just as a point of order, this board does have a PM function but like any other board guests can't use it.

invictius

Post by invictius »

The_Sinister_Mastermind wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Gah, this board doesn't have a PM function so I'll post it here...
Just as a point of order, this board does have a PM function but like any other board guests can't use it.
Yup, sorry about that, I assumed that when the board accepted my username for a post, I didn't need to register.
The_Sinister_Mastermind

We just allow guest posting as a large part of this community is people requesting help, so it would be kind of silly not to let them post or to force them to register just to ask a single question. Anyway hopefully Dogbreath will be around soon to help your problem.