Want to find old game [= Odell down under]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Go here:

http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?id=781

Download, play, enjoy :) And don't forget to visit www.dosgames.com and www.play.vg (free online arcade games) often ;)

*Edit
Updated HotU link ~dosraider
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Somerandomdeadperson

Post by Somerandomdeadperson »

i can never get underdogs to work and i did everything in my power that i could do to attempt to let it load. Help me PLEASE!!!!!!!! :wow: :cry:
:cuccoan: (i like chickens OKAY!?!?!)
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Ok well explain.

What browser you using???

Ever deleted Temporary internet files?

If you could explain this to us we will help
jelly

Post by jelly »

does anyone know if there's a mac osx version of Odell Down Under that i can find?

also...we used to have a mac back when they were kinda new (the brightly colored plastic bubble ones...) that came with this game on it; you were this velociraptor in the future and you had to go back in time and collect these dinosaur eggs, only, there was a time limit because you had to get all the eggs before the meteor strikes and kills the dinos.

i don't remember what it was called, but it was lots of fun. did anyone else play this?
Wally

Post by Wally »

That game you are searching for sounds like nanosaur! I agree with you. If i had a newer mac i would play it. BTW there is a sequel out now

Answering your first question i think there might be but im not 100% sure. Check http://www.the-underdogs.info

*Edit
Updated HotU link ~dosraider
jelly

Post by jelly »

yes! nanosaur- that's it.

Post by Guest »

how can you download odell under for free on windows?
Wally

Post by Wally »

STOP ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS AND READ... emmzees last post

(sorry but you really are annoying me)

Post by Guest »

I played "Odell Lake" circa 1992-1994. "Odell: Down Under" must be a newer version.

Anyone know where you can get "Odell Lake"? I've been searching but haven't come across it yet.

Post by Guest »

Okay, I can assure you I am not a 12 year old internet user that just learned how to type on a computer.

I have never once in my life been able to download a game from the-underdogs.org and I was wondering if someone can tell me what I am doing wrong.

I have attempted to get Odell: Down Under from here 100 times, using FireFox, IE, Netscape you name it, I have tried clearing my cache and cookies, all of that I don't know what I am doing wrong!

Can someone please help me or give me another site where I can find Odell: Down Under it is making me crazy. Thank you for your help and/or patience.

:thumbsup:
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

Well, Guest, those 12 year old computer users at least know what they're doing. Since you aren't one of them, but a big strong man, you've already tried disabling your firewall temporarily and checked all their help files? RIGHT? :karate:
<TABLE width="100%" cellpadding="1" border="0"><TR><TD width="50%">
robhofen wrote:no warcraft is a rip off of age of empires and so are a lot of other games
</TD><TD width="50%">
Larry Laffer wrote:Your people are n00bs :laugh:
</TD></TABLE><CENTER>Image</CENTER> .
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

About the firewalls : Hotu's seems to have a problem with norton, we even make jokes about it.......
There is a small possibility that it is your provider that scramble things up for you , so ask a friend , colleague , relatif with another provider to download for you.
I use Firefox and (sometimes ) IE to download from hotu's , also daily prob thousants of people. There isn't a flood of reclamations , so you can safely assume it's on your end things are going the wrong way.
And be 100% sure that you don't have ANY kind of accelarator on !!
Guest2

Underdogs zip not revealing anything.

Post by Guest2 »

As with the other guest posting in this forum, I find the Underdog's Odell Down Under download to be just a bunch of files that are missing components and will not run.

If anyone could reveal an actual download of the game, it would be much appreciated.
MiTnix

Post by MiTnix »

Yap, the same thing happens to me too! Underdogs.org have worked for me before
but not this time. This is an SOS, please help! :o :cry: :cuccoan:
Elign

Post by Elign »

Home of the Underdogs is the only abandonware-related site that we are allowed to link to here on this forum, so if you want to get abandonware from a site other than HOTU, I'm sorry to say that we can't help you here.

(DOSGAMES.COM has been accused of copyright infringement before, and thus we are taking some precautions to avoid being accused again - HOTU is generally more submissive to copyright law activists so we've allowed them as an exception)

Thanks.
Farli...Guest

Post by Farli...Guest »

OMG! I have been looking for this game everywhere...i couldn't remember what it was called! Thank you guys for asking and awnsering these questions!

Here is another game I am looking for...it was one that is 8+ years old and you were the owner of a dinosaur zoo...and you picked the egg and it hatched, but if you didn't feed it just right or it was bored it could escape...I played this game during my journalism class and miss it!
kholly

Post by kholly »

i agree.. the underdogs download of odell down under is corrupt. has anyone ever downloaded it from there and had it work? if so then please explain. if not then someone please find a working version! I'm dying to play it!
Alehkha

GOT IT TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Alehkha »

I just unzipped all four files, then coppied the contenst of 2-3 into folder 1. After that I just ran the install.

Hope this helps, LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.

Alehkhs
Wally

Post by Wally »

Cant any of you remember the law of the internet .

IF you dont vote your download is CORRUPT!
Auron

Post by Auron »

I thought the underdogs site was a torrent site. If it is, then you'll need to get a torrent downloader, like BitTorrent.

I don't know if thats the case, but I at least gave it a shot.