Horror point and click in an asian language?

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
frnaletorres

Post by frnaletorres »

Note that the one that played this supposed was a friend and not me, so this is just what they told me

The start of the game was a black screen with white text in an asian language (either chinese, japanese, or korean) and the number 1998 (something like copyright, the date in wich the game was released, or even just part of the title?)
After that, the real game started and it showed a dark room in third person inside a boat (there were ambient sounds like wood creaking and sea sounds). The graphics were 2d colored and pre-rendered. In it there was a table with a note? on tope of it, possibly a candle in a wall and a door. They clicked the door and went into a hallway (i think they also mentioned the ambient sounds stopped?). The camera switched into firts person and it showed a dark hallway with red flooring and a door in the end. They approached the door and when they clicked it? it started slowly opening until a jumpscare of a hand reaching for the camera and an eye appeared. That was all they played before they closed the game, took out the unlabeled disk, and threw it out of the window.

So basically, it was an untranslated probably asian point and click horror game with pre rendered and colored graphics , looked like a ps1 game, switched between third and first person, and had something to do with 1998
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Assuming this was a PS1 game, here is a possible list of horror adventures: https://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/ ... al-horror/