Windows Top-down view 2D game I barely remember [Dr Lunatic Supreme]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
ToasterBreaker

Windows Top-down view 2D game I barely remember [Dr Lunatic Supreme]

Post by ToasterBreaker »

The protagonist was mostly in the middle and I think they looked like a bit like a round Wallace. There were doors you could enter to go into different levels. There were some enemies that I think might've resembled animals. The graphics were 2D and the game was pretty colorful. I think there was a hammer usable as a weapon. I remember a cave level too with bats in it but that's probably insignificant. I played it in about 2011 but it's probably a lot older than that; Like 1990s to 2005s. The memories of it are pretty surreal so I can barely remember details. I played it on a Windows XP with really low specs. I wanna try to find it before it fades away entirely
ToasterBreaker

Windows Top-down view 2D game I barely remember

Post by ToasterBreaker »

Bump
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Well first off, was "top-down 2D" more like this or like this, or maybe like this?
ToasterBreaker

Post by ToasterBreaker »

The first one looks about right but Enter The Gungeon's Top-down view style looks just about the same as my old game if I remember it right
Attachments
images (1).jpeg
images (1).jpeg (29.35 KiB) Viewed 2737 times
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Wait a minute, hammer and a cave with bats? Could it be God of Thunder?
ToasterBreaker

Post by ToasterBreaker »

Sorry but that's not it. Looks kinda similar tho. I might've been wrong about the enemies being bats too. But I remember mostly about the protagonist being a chubby/fat white bald guy with a round head and casual clothes similar to Wallace's from Wallace and gromit. And he has humanoid proportions and more resolution than that little fella; bigger size too, about 2.3x his size. The cave I mentioned is more like a dungeon and it might've had a U shaped path somewhere in it too. The environment the game is set in is pretty different in parts of it. I think I remember a level with white floor and green/colorful walls too and there were a lot of enemies in there. The game might be really unrecognized by the public but that might just be my memory since it's one of the earliest games I've played and one of the only ones I havent found again yet
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

ToasterBreaker wrote: chubby/fat white bald guy with a round head and casual clothes similar to Wallace's from Wallace and gromit
JIC, take a look at Cyberdogs and its sequel, C-Dogs. But it's more like an arena shooter.

Also let's try MobyGames lists, here's one for overhead view action games for Windows:
https://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/ ... ist-games/

If your game's not there, you can try Adventure instead of action:
ToasterBreaker

Post by ToasterBreaker »

MrFlibble wrote: Also let's try MobyGames lists, here's one for overhead view action games for Windows:

If your game's not there, you can try Adventure instead of action:
Thanks! Unfortunately, I couldn't find the game after looking at every game made before 2015. I did find a bunch of other games I played at that time and forgotten about so I guess it's not a complete loss. Thx for your time
ToasterBreaker

Post by ToasterBreaker »

I tried to draw the protagonist's face. Turned out kinda awful and inaccurate and I messed up the eyebrows completely. it was also more pixelated than this.
Attachments
My Dude.png
My Dude.png (946 Bytes) Viewed 2613 times
ToasterBreaker

Post by ToasterBreaker »

I found it in one of my old CDs. It's called Dr Lunatic Supreme
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Thanks for the update; Mobygames has an entry for this game: Dr. Lunatic Supreme with Cheese, and it turns out the developer Hamumu Software has this game and others from their older catalogue available for free on itch.io

There was an earlier version only called 'Dr Lunatic', plus some extra level packages, but all is included in the later 'Supreme with Cheeze' version, according to the dev pages.

(I didn't know about this game, but I had seen their 'Robot wants...' series.)