Turn based strategy game, managing your country fighting for terrain with AI [The General]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
ResFu

Turn based strategy game, managing your country fighting for terrain with AI [The General]

Post by ResFu »

Hi,
so the game was quite simplistic. You had map panel on the centre of window where you saw borders for each country. You could manage your country, invest in army rating and then when you declared war (i think, i dont remember so good now) you could visibly see the borders moving and you get at the beginning of new turn window which said for example that my army pushed in several kilometers inside your enemy.

Ai's could fight with each other and also declare on me. If im remembering right ther was some stuff to invest. For example in farms or something like that, or you could over harvest for more cash.

Unfortunately i do not own screenshots of the game or even year when it appeared, i was playing it in early 2000, probably i played in even in late 1990's. (I was playing the game later also, because i loved it)

About operating system... I downloaded that game for free, for XP (so i cannot be sure if it was for DOS or Windows)

Please help.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Turn based strategy game, managing your country fighting for terrain with AI

Post by MrFlibble »

The description reminded me of a freeware Russian game called The General (English version available).
ResFu

Turn based strategy game, managing your country fighting for terrain with AI

Post by ResFu »

Thank you mister! That is the game!
Many thanks!