Realtime strategy game - Clowns, mechs and holy knights, late 90s to early 2000s (not too sure)

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
oldgamerjkr

Realtime strategy game - Clowns, mechs and holy knights, late 90s to early 2000s (not too sure)

Post by oldgamerjkr »

I am looking for the name of an old real time strategy game which I used to play alot as a kid so pre 2005.

There are 3 races (As I remember).

One race was mechs, another was like dark clowns with their strong units being witches and clown units and another race I remember was like holy knights.

The story consisted of this super strong holy knight being corrupted (also a unit you can make in the game) and we had to go rescue him from the clown people who were purple in colour (sounds very zerg like but the game is not Starcraft). The game was similar to Warcraft but it was not Warcraft for sure.

It was set in medieval times and there was a mountain peak you had to traverse in the first quest.

It was entirely fantasy based and there was the option to play a prologue mission as well.

Sorry I am unable to provide much info as most of it is a blur at the moment haha. Would really appreciate some insight on this one.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Sounds like a Korean (?) StarCraft clone, take a look at Kingdom Under Fire and Three Kingdoms 2.
oldgamerjkr

Post by oldgamerjkr »

Hi! Thanks alot for the reply. It probably was a clone of the Warcraft/Starcraft games. Thanks so much for the insight unfortunately its neither of the games mentioned but I am super interested in trying out Kingdom Under Fire now haha.

Will look around for any Warcraft clones and would possibly be able to find it.

Have a good one!
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Did your game look like Kingdom Under Fire, or was it 3D?
oldgamerjkr

Post by oldgamerjkr »

Yes it looked like Kingdom Under Fire, i found it in those 2000 in 1 game CDs. Unfortunately everything is a bit of a blur right now but all good, thanks so much for trying to help out. Been enjoying Kingdom Under Fire these days so thanks for that too haha
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

There's a different StarCraft-esque South Korean RTS with a historical/fantasy theme called Dawn of Empire.