Boy meets orangutan. Educational, puzzles, for kids 2D [Timmy's Safari Adventure]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
fridabrown

Boy meets orangutan. Educational, puzzles, for kids 2D [Timmy's Safari Adventure]

Post by fridabrown »

It was a 1990-2000's game, I played it in 2004-2005 as a child.

I played it in Russian, but am pretty sure it is originally in English.

The game starts at night, a ginger (I guess?) boy meets an orangutan sitting on a tree (in a park I think), they talk to each other and become friends. Then you can choose any mini-game from a wooden board, it has icons and MAYBE the titles of the games (kind of similar to Arthur's Kindergarten: Trouble at Arthur's Treehouse main screen, but not actually). There are 9 mini-games or so, I can remember only two of them.

The first one is just a puzzle with different animals (I can recall the one with lemurs).

The second one is somewhat of a single-member race. You play as a penguin that goes from one side of the screen to another, actually it stays at the side of the screen, I just can't remember in which direction it goes, perhaps from right to left. So you have to move it up or down, as there are three levels with obstacles - the land and the water (there are 2 of something, I don't think they'd make the sky level as the penguin cannot fly, so yes, 3 levels altogether). You can even collect fish. And the "obstacles" are animals, at least I remember killer whales in the water. They don't move, these are like just static pictures.

To sum up, this is a game for children, it is 2D, mostly educational with regard to "extraordinary" animals we don't usually see so often as cows or horses, it is puzzlish and has an orangutan as a wildlife teacher to a boy with ginger hair. And also the icon is the orangutan, too!
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Boy meets orangutan. Educational, puzzles, for kids 2D

Post by MrFlibble »

Doesn't ring a bell, but MobyGames has a group for games that features primates:
https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/an ... 200/so,1d/
May be worth a look.
fridabrown

Post by fridabrown »

MrFlibble, thank you for your reply! Unfortunately, I could not find the right game in this list. I guess the orangutan didn't play enough part to make it there. All in all, the game is really small and doesn't even have a plot.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

fridabrown wrote: All in all, the game is really small and doesn't even have a plot.
You mentioned you played the Russian version. Was it an official release on CD-ROM? Maybe use the Wayback Machine to look up catalogues of Russian publishers? There aren't many major market players in the time frame you specified: Buka, 1C, Nival Interactive, what else did I miss? DOKA Media?

Or was it a bootleg copy?
fridabrown

Post by fridabrown »

All these years of searching and I can finally say that today I got to know what game this was :cry: If someone ever reads this, the title is "Timmy's Safari Adventure". I thank you, the person on VKontakte who's helped me a lot! :cuccoan:
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Nice, thanks for letting us know!