Compilation CD of 50 Games

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Jobaars

Post by Jobaars »

'Ello

I'm looking for a childhood memory.
So, basically I'm looking for multiple games , however , i remember these games were all on one compilation CD.

The only thing i remember about the damn thing is that it had a cartoonish dude with a cap on and he was holding a joystick.
There were 50 games on each CD and i had the red one, but there were also certainly a purple one and a green one available. ( screenshots on the back of my cd case ).

There were some classics on the cd such as : Worms 3D , Death Rally , Doom I , Lemmings , ...

Anyway, I've looked around the forum and found that searching for these "compilation" CD's is pretty much an impossible mission.

I'm only looking for 2 games from these CD's so, I'll describe these as well.

1st :

Obvious wolf3d / doom rip off, an FPS.
The only thing i remember was that the first mission started you on an elavator on its way up.
The starting melee weapon ( not sure if you started with a gun but there definitely were guns in the game ) were a pair of 2 mechanical arms which would punch out alternatively.

2nd :

A 2d shooter , i think you're a soldier shooting others blokes ( obv :laugh: ) , if you kill them they leave a grave stone with the acronym R.I.P. on it. Very bland description but, that's all i remember...
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Yes, there is a lot of those compilations; sometimes with a main title being a more known game, and a lot of mixed shareware/freeware bundled.
Here is a list of such 'shovelware' compilations to search: https://www.mobygames.com/genre/sheet/c ... hovelware/
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

The short story is, you're far more likely to identify the individual games that you remember, rather than find the exact compilation CD you originally found them on.

It is generally advised to create a separate thread for each game request as per our forum rules. I won't insist on that in your case but doing so this might help simplify the search process a bit. Say you make a new thread for the second game and this one remains for the first game, sound alright?
Jobaars wrote: Obvious wolf3d / doom rip off, an FPS.
The only thing i remember was that the first mission started you on an elavator on its way up.
The starting melee weapon ( not sure if you started with a gun but there definitely were guns in the game ) were a pair of 2 mechanical arms which would punch out alternatively.
For a start, try looking at the following titles, anything familiar/close to your game?
Skaphander: Der Auftrag
In Extremis
Wrath of Earth
Rebel Moon
Rebel Moon Rising
HacX