Flash 2D space shooter in the solar system, upgrading your ship

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
juacochero

Post by juacochero »

Hi there!
I cannot remember or find a 2D space shooter (top view) in the solar system, that whenever you killed an enemy little parts would float as debris and you would use them to upgrade your ship. I'm pretty sure (not 100%) that it was a flash-based game. Really easy to use, you could also dock in starbases.
Any ideas? Thank you!
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

juacochero

Post by juacochero »

Rwolf wrote: Captain Forever?
Thank you for helping!

It is close to Captain Forever, its the same general idea but the graphics were more "realistic", showing actual starships, not blocks. I don't remember much more, except that you could also attack starbases that were floating near the planets. Visually it was similar to the Flash Trek series, but it was not Flash Trek. I remember the debris floating when you destroyed something and trying to catch them to grow my ship!
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

I know this is an all new game, but I could not resist linking the video: Space Scavenger

Also very simple spaceships, slightly better graphics and in the same vein as the older Captain Forever game I guessed at before.

I know there was another one, rogue-like, kind of like FTL, with more complex ships, but can't quite recall the name yet.

Perhaps Battlevoid: Harbinger?