Windows medieval 3rd person 2005-2008

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
FloB

Post by FloB »

My parents remember it better then I do. They bought it for me around 2006-2008 might be older. A 3rd person game about knight sometimes on horseback. They say het needed to walk/ride a lot and sought items, enemies or something. They also remember it being controlled by arrow keys. Possible includes a dragon which might be purple and might also have included a level where the knight needs to push ladders of a wall to defend it. It has some fantasy in a medieval setting. I think the genre was adventure and/or rpg. It was 3D, although my parents would say that it was barely 3D. Not turn based. The main character had a helmet according to my father he had a protection piece over his nose.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

2D or 3D graphics?

I'm initially thinking of 'Mount & Blade', but I don't recall if there was dragons in it, it's more standard medieval.

More fantasy setting could be somehing from Might & Magic perhaps, but I'm not sure if you ride a horse in these games?

There is a list of games with horse riding as a feature here:

https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/ga ... ,50/so,1d/

Or you can look in the game browser at MobyGames for Windows, Adventure / RPG, 3rd person view games:
https://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/ ... rd-person/
FloB

Post by FloB »

I don't think it is either of those games. Thanks a lot already, I'm going to keep looking myself. I think the knocking ladders of walls part might be the best help to find the game with. When I return home I will ask my parents if they remember something else, perhaps about the box art, and wil post it as a reply.