PC Kingdom game around year 2000

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Allyamina

Post by Allyamina »

My memories of this game are very blurry as I played in elementary school.

I remember a game where you were a knight that would go around building and conquering different kingdoms. It had 3D graphics and when you would come across a kingdom, the whole screen would display the atmosphere (either bright and good or dark and evil), sometimes with towers that reached the clouds or large castles. You would build different structures in your kingdoms to make them more powerful (the specific one I remember was a pagoda structure). I also remember battlefield scenes where you would battle creatures like orcs and elves. I also kind of remember coming across ruins and different scenes while exploring from kingdom to kingdom. I think the goal was to capture them all.

It was all very scenic and I believe it was in first person perspective. Ring any bells?! I have been trying to figure out what this game is for years now and it's killing me.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Hi!

Your description could actually fit Heroes of Might and Magic III which was very popular back in the day.

I believe there were also later, similar games with full 3D graphics, but cannot remember the exact titles at this moment. Ascension to the Throne and Fantasy Wars are a bit too late, as is the new King's Bounty.