Mario-like 2D side-view PC puzzle platformer game about a scientist and building

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Hoxie69

Mario-like 2D side-view PC puzzle platformer game about a scientist and building

Post by Hoxie69 »

I'm looking for a game i've played around 2008-2010, it was a 2D side-view puzzle platformer that played like mario but you needed to build your way through the levels and there were worlds you would progress through and eventually get to the boss who was some kind of scientist, either that or the protagonist was the scientist, i remember the game having magnets and you could even make your own level, you could also describe the game as a puzzle game because as i mentioned earlier you needed to pull objects / move objects / build paths etc. to finish the level.

Note: it's not the game "Crazy Scientist" neither is it "Dr.Muto" the game looked more-so like Superfrog on Amiga except the levels were rather floating in air than being on land also it's not "Gizmos & Gadgets!".
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Doesn't ring a bell, but here I threw together some likely filters for MobyGames search, maybe your game's on the list:
https://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/ ... ist-games/

Do you remember if it was a fully commercial title, or some kind of free indie game, or an open source project?

IIRC the big and popular puzzle platform game of 2008-2010 was Braid, and indeed it has Mario-esque graphics. But its main gimmick was reversible time flow or something -- I never played the game myself so I can't say a lt.
Hoxie69

Post by Hoxie69 »

thanks for commenting, I'm pretty certain it wasn't a fully commercial release and it wasn't Braid, it makes it so much more difficult that it's not a fully commercial release, I've been searching all day now and I'm pretty certain the only way i will be able to find it is through personal archives but I don't wanna give up, also I don't know if this will help but I'm from Armenia so I'm pretty sure the game might have been only released in CIS countries and back then the only way i could obtain a game is through downloading from shady websites or finding it on game compilation CDs.

Note: some of the games from the MobyGames link you posted look a lot like the game I'm looking for especially the first game in the list, I'm gonna keep looking through it, thank you for it.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Good luck! It sounds like it's not easy to track down your game indeed. Maybe you could try accessing some old free game download sites via the Wayback Machine, or check out those that are still up. I think Caiman Free Games and AcidPlay (?) are still online, I remember both having a good deal of obscure freeware games from all sorts of various sources.
Hoxie69

Post by Hoxie69 »

so i'm still looking through every possible place i can but i still cant seem to find it, i think im getting closer, do you know anywhere else where i can make posts like this one to ask people if they can help me find the game because im having difficulty finding it myself.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Have you tried Reddit's tip of my joystick?
https://www.reddit.com/r/tipofmyjoystick/