[PC][3d][FPS] Army game, not sure if before 2000 or after [C&C: Renegade]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
nawehawez

Post by nawehawez »

Hello, I am searching for a game i played when I was a kid.
The game was about a captain on sergeant who starts in a canyon with tanks and a lot of soldiers.
I remember that we advance and we get to a front where is a building far away with a beam shooting out of it
Also if I remember correctly, we were fighting some other soldiers who had red uniforms.
If it helps, at the start you only had a pistol.
I dont remember much , i would appreciate it if someone could help find the game, I would really want to play it again.
Thank you in advance !
Hoxie69

[PC][3d][FPS] Army game, not sure if before 2000 or after

Post by Hoxie69 »

Perhaps it was one of the Delta Force games? also would be helpful if you could tell if it was in a futuristic setting or not.
nawehawez

[PC][3d][FPS]Old army game, not sure if before 2000 or after

Post by nawehawez »

Thank you but I dont think its from the Delta Force series.
I remember the beam shooting out of the building so I guess it was set in the future.
Hoxie69

Post by Hoxie69 »

now that i think about it the tanks, starting with a pistol and advancing to a building with a beam shooting out of it reminds me of Quake IV, i'm looking through an old Russian website but i cant seem to find anything like what you described the website is old-games .ru but keep in mind that it's mostly in Russian, it has a really big catalog of games.
nawehawez

Post by nawehawez »

Allright, my friend , I really appreciate the help !!
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

nawehawez wrote: The game was about a captain on sergeant who starts in a canyon with tanks and a lot of soldiers.
I remember that we advance and we get to a front where is a building far away with a beam shooting out of it
Also if I remember correctly, we were fighting some other soldiers who had red uniforms.
If it helps, at the start you only had a pistol.
Not Command & Conquer: Renegade?

Here's the first mission with canyon and obelisk:
https://youtu.be/-Q1fjjtlOJA?t=70
nawehawez

Post by nawehawez »

Yess!! That s the one !! Thank you so much
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

You're welcome! This is actually not the first time someone was looking for the game and not finding it immediately. People usually suggest more popular titles, and the scenery in Renegade is probably not easily recognizable if one hasn't played the original Command & Conquer RTS games from which this is a spin-off.

In case you're interested, the game should be still available from EA in the Command & Conquer collection bundle (if I remember the title correctly). There's also a free loose remake running on the Unreal Engine 3 called Renegade X. It probably does not play 100% the same as the original and the levels in the single-player campaign are different, but it has the same looks, designs and sounds.