Win9x puzzle sci-fi game 1998-2001

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
darkrevenge16

Post by darkrevenge16 »

Hi guys. I'm sorry to start asking for help in my first post, but I'm looking for two games (I'm making the separate topic for the other request) that I've played as child that I can't find in the web or in the databases I've searched. I've played them on a windows 98 pc in the years 1999-2001. Here's what I remember:

2D (point and click maybe). The game was puzzle-like and it had an sci-fi theme, if my memory doesn't fail me, the game's map was a spaceship and you could see it entirely from the beggining of the level. You had 3 characters and each one had different habilities to help you progress in the game. The objective was solving puzzles until you got to the solution and progressed to the next level.

Thanks in advance. I hope someone can help me find this game I search so long ago, I don't know if I would play it again, but I'm very curious to see what it looks like after this many years.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Not sure if it fits, but I'll make a guess: The Dig
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

darkrevenge16 wrote: I'm sorry to start asking for help in my first post
This is what the forums are for, so no need to be sorry :)
darkrevenge16 wrote: 2D (point and click maybe). The game was puzzle-like and it had an sci-fi theme, if my memory doesn't fail me, the game's map was a spaceship and you could see it entirely from the beggining of the level. You had 3 characters and each one had different habilities to help you progress in the game. The objective was solving puzzles until you got to the solution and progressed to the next level.
This is a little bit sketchy on details. Can you remember more, like: what was the art style? Did you view your characters from the side (as in The Dig mentioned above) or from above like in Albion? What exactly were the "different abilities" that the characters had? Was there any kind of combat with hostiles or other hazards? etc.

So far I can only suggest to look in the list of Windows sci-fi adventure games:
https://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/ ... games/x,8/
darkrevenge16

Post by darkrevenge16 »

Thanks for your replies. It's none of these games =/

I'll try be more specific then, but it's hard, I can only see blurry pictures in my head. The characters were viewed from front, like in this picture: angliadollshouses .co. uk/img/wisbech/ 2015/interior/general/img/front-open.jpg (remove the spaces please as I can't post an image if I'm infringing the rules please delete this, thanks)
And the game's map was very similar to that picture, you had spaces where you could go but others were restricted and you had find a way into them with your characters abilities. I don't remember for sure but I think it may have to do with the height of the character, I vaguely remember that those three characters were a mix of alien and humans and the alien was the smallest and there was a woman too. My memory can be making this up, but I think one of those characters had some telekinesis ability.

Also the characters were very tiny comparing to The Dig or any other game I know from LucasArts.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Soo...could it have been an educational game for kids, or more serious style?

(This type of view looks a bit like an old Xcom map but that is something you build and it's top-down, or maybe the much newer Fallout Shelter game. There were some dolls house adventures maybe like Maniac Mansion - which is not in space though, and I think you only see one room at a time.)
darkrevenge16

Post by darkrevenge16 »

I would say educational yes, at least it was a child friendly game.

That game you refered Maniac Mansion, the map seems like the one I'm searching, that front view is exactly the same I remember, but it isn't that game. Many thanks for trying!
Xcom building view is a nice reference, I've played Xcom too and I see what you mean, the only difference is that the game was entirely like that (front view) and it had nothing to build, you had to progress between those little spaces.

Note that the space theme is what I remember, it could be another setting.