Windows "Ball Shooter" Game (Late 90's?)

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Tamboob

Post by Tamboob »

I'll start off by saying that I don't have very much to go off of. This is a game I used to play in the early 2000's, but I would assume that it was a later game due to it's art style and the fact we had an older PC at the time. I want to say it was a CD-ROM game, but honestly, who knows at this point.

This was a ball shooter game, but not a game where you shot colored balls to eliminate them or whatnot. You selected a ball-type character (maybe there were other shapes your character could be?) and bounced around a 2D map and eliminated things trying to shoot you, either being stagnant things trying to shoot at you, or other moving, bouncing ball-type characters. They have a canon-like thing that you could control, I think, which you could shoot from at different things. They each had different faces, primarily I remember eyes on these small ball characters. I also remember a lot of them being spiky in appearance? Maybe?

The levels were simple in design: 2D maps that didn't move. I distinctly remember there being a snowy/winter map on one of the levels. Once you cleared a map of it's enemies, you advanced to the next map, which was generally harder, and sometimes even had a fellow bouncing ball enemy just like you to shoot.

The art style.... I honestly can't remember if it was vaguely 3d or just pixelated.

There might have been canon/shooter upgrades too? I was really young when I played this game, so I am trying my hardest right now to recollect everything. Maybe you could unlock different shooter characters?

I can try and give more info if asked. I'll even try and draw one of these darn ball characters if I have to. Honestly at this point I'm not even fully convinced this game was real and not just a figment of my imagination, I've been looking so long.
szabesz63

Post by szabesz63 »

I posted about a game maybe similiar to yours, can you check it out and tell me if we are thinking about the same game or not? https://www.dosgames.com/forum/viewtopi ... 17#p140417
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Probably too late a release, but: Within a Deep Forest?