Sci-fi, bird's eye view, army, 2D

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
FancyPancy

Post by FancyPancy »

Hi, I played this game in 2003 or so, I will try to describe everything in points:

1. I played on PC Windows xp
2. Is't sci-fi 2D action-shooter game with bird's eye view on the whole map with realistic time,
3. there is couple of stages, you win by killing all the ''aliens'' worm-like creatures that can shoot,
4. You start the game standing on the left side of the map, 3 truck come by with dozen of soldiers (4 for ich truck), trucks disappear after getting them out,
5. On the map there are few types of medals, when get close enough to one it disappear and for example 3 truck comes with another 12 soldiers,
6. you walk with WSAD, you can do 3 actions: shoot, call 3 guys to follow you, dismiss your followers .
FancyPancy

Post by FancyPancy »

Any thoughts are welcome :)
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

something from the X-com universe?
FancyPancy

Post by FancyPancy »

Hi, unfortunately no, the 'aliens' don't have limbs and the game is not turn-based, you are moving only one guy, which remind me (but I'm not 100% sure) that after you die, you take control of one of those who still live.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Something like Alien Shooter perhaps?
FancyPancy

Post by FancyPancy »

Well, the view is a little bit higher and the graphics are older, there are no shelters or any buildings that you can go in, kinda mountain like terrain.
I look for examples and the view is like in ''dune II'', the terrain is similar as well. of course the gameplay itself is different (saying just for in case).
FancyPancy

Post by FancyPancy »

So I remember that on stage 1 there are 2 kinds of ''aliens''. the first one is just a ''soldier'', crawling and shooting from it's mouth, the second one is more like ''mother'', it's just giving birth to new ''alien soldiers'' over time.

I really hope that someday someone will find the name of this game, thanks to anyone that search for it :)
stranded_fox

Post by stranded_fox »

I think this might be helpful: search for similar games that shared the graphic style and level of detail with your game and post them here so we can get more hints.
FancyPancy

Post by FancyPancy »

Ok, so the graphics are like in Warcraft form 90' (Warcraft: Orcs & Humans), the terrain like I said before looks exactly like in the 'Dune II' (and by that I mean the mountains and colors overall) and if we are talking about gameplay... well, I can't find any similar games. I can add that you can shoot only in direction you are facing and so overall you just need to kill enemies and survive.
FancyPancy

Post by FancyPancy »

Well, I checked all pages up to 2007, to be honest I don't know why because I played it in 2003 so the games must be at least 1 year older.
Thanks anyways :)

Oh and sorry for late update, I was trying to get some free time to check all this.