Online (PC) strategy platform game from early 2000's

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
helpmefindthisgame

Online (PC) strategy platform game from early 2000's

Post by helpmefindthisgame »

I am trying to find a game I used to play in middle school (around 2007 or 2008). It was an online strategy game accessed on PC. The game had pretty simple 2D graphics, and the main character was a tiny man in a hat. The game had multiple levels, and if I remember right kind of had a story line to it. But the main objective of the game was for you to run, jump, and figure out a way through various levels in order to get the little man in the hat to finally meet up with a girl. The biggest thing that I can remember about this game that might help identify it is that it was basically a platform game, with various levels, and each time you attempted a level if you died or hit the reset button, the next time you attempted the level, there was a ghost that copied your previous movements exactly. So later in the game, part of the strategy was that you had to use the ghosts of your former attempts in order to beat the level. You could jump on your ghost, and use them as ladders or things like that in order to get to the next level.
The perspective of the game was not unlike some of the earlier 2D super mario games, where it was a side-on view, you can see the main character, and you could only move side to side and up and down. Each level was stationary though, the background did not move, the whole level was visible and only the tiny man in the hat/his ghosts would move.
Another thing I remember about the game was that it had a somewhat dark or depressing vibe about it in a way, because it was all about the guy dying over and over to reach this girl.

I don't remember the site it was on, what it was called, or anything else really about it. Please help me find this game, I'm bored at work and I can't stop thinking about it! lol