Breakout, arkanoid 2005

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
sdavi267

Breakout, arkanoid 2005

Post by sdavi267 »

Hello. Im searching a Breakout, arkanoid game which I played during my childhood. I assume the year 2005 becuase I was born in 1997. I played it on my old Windows 98 computer, but as I do not remember using a CD, it may have been the trial version and therefore download. I consider it a strategy,tactic game, in every case a Breakout/arkanoid game. I say this because there was maybe a grey alien,humanoid,astronaut who stood on a hover board,grey metal bar with the ball attached at the front. The player would press a certain button, maybe the spacebar, to release the ball. The objective was to destroy the obstacles, mainly bricks, which blocked the ball from reaching a certain goal or object. The player could move the astronaut,alien to touch the ball upon its return. I am unsure whether the character stayed at the bottom of the map so the ball wouldnt go out or if they could also move within the area as I do remember seeing it move from a front perspective, maybe at the completion of an area. The scenes were in space. The obstacles could be of different colors or change color upon being damaged from contact with the ball. Maybe the ball itself changed color as well. For example, if there were superpowers. The graphics were 3D and from a third perspective, birds eye view at an angle. The game flowed realistically. You released the ball, it bounced, returned and you hit it again.

I remember a level where one starts on the left at the bottom. You have to hit the ball through a tight spaced wall and I believe there were bricks. Once the ball reached the end, it entered a larger map. You moved your player to the bottom of this map.

In another level, there was a rocket and timer. If you didnt complete the level within the set time, the rocket would leave then, i think, explode. The screen would focus on the rocket.

Thank you for reading my post.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Breakout, arkanoid 2005

Post by MrFlibble »

Doesn't ring a bell, sadly, but you can look it up the list of Breakout variants at MobyGames:
https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/br ... 300/so,1a/
sdavi267

Breakout, arkanoid 2005

Post by sdavi267 »

Hey Mr Flibble. Thank you for the link. Unfortunately, I have not found the game within the list, however I have found one with a similar layout: 3D Brick Busters from 1999. The similarities are the 3D style, having the bird eye view from behind the shooter at the bottom of the screen and that the blocks sometimes contain powers. I also remember there sometimes (maybe always) being walls at the sides. Despite the similarities, it is not the game I am searching, although on the right track. Would you maybe have more advice for me?
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Breakout, arkanoid 2005

Post by MrFlibble »

You could also try looking in Action games at the Classic PC Games collection (breakout stuff should go into Action games there I believe). The collection has a lot of shareware and demo stuff from the era, but is also not complete.
InstantSlash

Breakout, arkanoid 2005

Post by InstantSlash »

Is it RoboBall?