90s-2000s PC, haunted mansion, children's game

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Meerhet

Post by Meerhet »

used to play this game on pc back in early 2000s (though the game could've been released in the late 90s, I don't know) and I've been trying to find it again for so long that it's driving me crazy because I can't find it anywhere! In this game there was a haunted mansion that had different spirits trapped in its different rooms and our objective was to free these spirits by doing something for them or bring them something belonging to them.... I don't remember... But we had to explore and go around the mansion to look for items that might help us free the spirits.
One part of the game that I vividly remember is that there was this place under the kitchen that we would go where there was a giant carnivores plant, like a huge venus flytrap blocking our way and if we would get close to it, it would eat us and even though we would have a bow and arrow that we found somewhere in the mansion, the plant would dodge the arrows if we shot at it so the only way to kill it was to shoot the stalk of a large tomato that would be growing above the plant which would cause the tomato would fall on the plant and crush it.
A few other things I remember are that, in one of the rooms there was a spirit of a large woman who threaten to eat us as soon as we enter her room and make us leave (we would leave the room automatically as soon as we would enter it), also I think every room in which a spirit was trapped was locked and we had to find keys to open it (I think they were all bedrooms), another thing I remember is that when we used hints or if we were stuck somewhere for a long time, the hints would appear in the form of a bunch of tiny orbs that would hover over the thing that would help us, also, we would start in the hallway of the mansion and the first spirit we would meet was that of a child who would help us along the way (I think it was this child that was the source of our hints and would show up as the orbs). One thing that I should mention is that the game wasn't super scary, like, it wasn't made for adults. It was a children's horror game and had kind of a Jumpstart game feel about it...
I'm not a hundred percent sure about any of the details I have given but this is the best I can remember. I used to play this game when I was very young and was never able to finish it, this is why I really wanna find it again so that I can finally complete it.
486 player
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by 486 player »

Shivers?
NO Windows, NO DOSBox, DOS!
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

I doubt it was Shivers, as its story took place in a museum, though there were spirits in various rooms/objects...no bedrooms though.

Other suggestions: 'The 7th Guest' or maybe 'The 11th Hour', these are also horror puzzle games of the same era.
Meerhet

Post by Meerhet »

Sadly it's none of these.... thank you for trying though!
Meerhet

Post by Meerhet »

I remember that the game wasn't 1st person and the main character was (I'm pretty sure) a frog