Help me find old Eductional video game: Focus on problem solving, collect armor to make giant knight to fight dragon

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Rikmach

Help me find old Eductional video game: Focus on problem solving, collect armor to make giant knight to fight dragon

Post by Rikmach »

Platform: DOS PC, sometime in the early to mid-90s.

Goal: collect armor pieces to create a giant mechanical knight to fight a dragon. You were under a time limit, if you failed to collect the knight in time, the dragon stuck, and you lost. I vaguely recall an owl (possibly a mechanical owl?) reported how much time you had left.

Gameplay: Navigate a maze from a top-down view, avoiding hazards and collecting items to solve problems.

You picked up items by moving your avatar (either a stick figure or a very simple pixel humanoid representative) on top of the item and pressing a "use" button. then the item "Stuck" to you. You could only carry one item at a time this way. You navigated various puzzle pieces into position and released them.

Enemies: Primary enemies were giant, brightly colored caterpillar-like enemies. They very strongly reminded me of the old "Cooties" insect toys, if you recall those. They could eat you, but this just deposited your into their maze-like guts, which you could navigate and pop out of their mouth, unharmed, though now your avatar would be stained the same color as the caterpillar. Effectively, they couldn't kill you, but they could waste a lot of time. One way to combat them were flowers: you could carry them, and the caterpillars hated them. if you dropped one inside the caterpillar, it'd immediately spit you out, and writhe on the ground, incapacitated.

I vaguely recall one puzzle requiring you intentionally being eaten by a caterpillar, wait until it passed and obstacle you couldn't, then exiting it.

Other details: The opening screen's title/game music *might* Be Gnoissiennes No. 1 by Erik Satie, but that might be a different educational game I played around the same time.

Rwolf
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Rwolf »

I think this question was asked before by another gamer some years ago; especially the bit about being eaten and spat/pooped out is unique.
https://dosgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22699

In that case, the answer was a game called 'Think Quick!' - I suspect you are looking for the same game?
https://www.mobygames.com/game/think-quick