90s RPG, Windows/DOS, First Person, Medieval [Dragon Lore]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Tom84

90s RPG, Windows/DOS, First Person, Medieval [Dragon Lore]

Post by Tom84 »

Hi everyone,

I am loosing my mind, I am searching the whole week for this game without success. Please help me. :cry:
I played this game sometime in the 90s (1993-1997).
It was a first person RPG, like many others at this time.

At the beginning of the game, you are talking to an old man. This old man wears a leather protection (maybe a blacksmith or a farmer).
He is living in a cabin. I guess it's the father of the protagonist. You are starting a dialog with him (actively started by clicking on him).
The last thing he says to you is, "I will miss you, boy." And that from now on every time you click on him.
You have dagger as your first weapon. I remember you can even attack the old man, but I don't know for sure what is happening then: I guess you had to start over and/or the old man strikes you down.

In the outside, some chickens are running around. :cuccoan: :cuccoan: :cuccoan:
Eventually you get to a group of people, standing still in a circle. Nobody is talking to you. The music becomes more dramatic.
At that point, I had no idea what to do. So I have to play it again now. :laugh:

I don't think there were any fantasy elements (no dragons, magic or something). At least not at the beginning.

That's all I remember now. I know it's not much and many details are missing, but I hope you have an idea. Maybe the beginning seems familiar to someone.

Greetings!

Tom84

90s RPG, Windows/DOS, First Person, Medieval

Post by Tom84 »

Oh... I have found it:
Dragon Lore: The Legend Begins :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Rwolf
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

90s RPG, Windows/DOS, First Person, Medieval

Post by Rwolf »

One of the few adventure/rpg games I did not like. It had a sequel too.
Yes there is a kind of fantasy setting in a minor sense...the manual/backstory talks of a war raging with orc hordes attacking; you will meet *one* such creature. Otherwise it's mostly a group of individual knights that you interact with.