Old logic text only game name Marooned

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
culwellj

Post by culwellj »

I am looking for an old text-only logic based game by the name of Marooned. Premise is that you are severely wounded but can use a clone machine to send a clone out to help repair ship and save your bacon. Only drawback is that the neural connection was compromised and the clone is extremely logical with your mental uplink. I would dearly love to find this game again. Alas... my google-fu has failed me and I am beginning to think that I will never find it.

Rwolf
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Rwolf »

culwellj

Post by culwellj »

the second link appears to be a "part II" of this game. I would like to find the first one but this sequel will probably scratch the itch. If anyone knows about the first though.. i would dearly love to know! Thanks for the help!

emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

I did some searching and it seems like "Marooned Again" is the original game; I don't see any mention of a Marooned game before that one, and it's the only Marooned game listed in the game author Dennis Drew's catalog of software. So that game is likely the one that you played back in the day B)
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament

Rwolf
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Rwolf »

The one game I remember playing that had remote controlled droids to play the game is Infocom's Suspended, but that was entirely taking part inside a enivironmental control station, not in spacehips as such involved. They had other i-f games on spaceships, but not with the 'Marooned' name.

The 'Marooned Again' description does not exactly match what the OP described, so it could perhaps be a mixed up memory, even if 'again' implies it is a sequel. Perhaps the author Dennis Drew changed the title at some point, of an earlier game?

This 1989 game could match, and it refers to the Marooned Again game according to the description in the captured help screen.

'Another Lifeless Planet and Me With No Beer'
https://www.mobygames.com/game/another- ... th-no-beer

https://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/anot ... Id,452863/