Mysterious Digger type game with diamonds, bombs and monsters

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Boutade

Post by Boutade »

Hello fellas,

I've been roaming the Web lately looking for a game I used to play back in elementary school in France, and I hope to find answers here.
The platform was Windows, the year was something around 2004-2005, but I can't remember if the OS was XP or 2000. Game was a trial version, and featured about 5 levels.

The game was in CGI, side view, where you played a character named Dougby or Bouldy or something like that. I've made a drawing of what it looked like but I can't upload it for now. Basically it's a purple alien creature with big cartoony eyes, an appendice at the back of its head, and had floating limbs like Rayman. He had white hands and big sneakers.

Goal of the game wasn't very original, you had to finish some levels while digging through blocks, getting as much diamonds as possible and avoiding enemies. Game was in side view but you could move your character downward freely, even though the diamonds were affected by gravity and you had to be careful. In order to do so, you had the possibility to lay a bomb next to a breakable rock or enemy and you could destroy them.

Each level had a theme ; for exemple, the first level was named "Crazy Circus" or something, and had pink blocks with yellow stars on it.
The second one was called "Jungle Adventure" i think, and had obviously a jungle aesthetic, and at the beginning, you were getting chased by lava that moves from block to block ; you had to cover an entrance with a rock to prevent its spreading.

I can't remember the name of the other levels, but one of them had a Ice Cave ambiance, with blue diamonds, and another one had a Easter Island Theme.

The main theme was quite triumphant and was in the key of E I think. The other music I remember was the level select music which was eerily calm and soothing.

At the end of the demo, you had a screen basically telling you you should now upgrade to the full version, with all the characters walking. The main theme was playing here also.

Main screen and credits screen had the same orange and red background with white font I think.

That's all I can remember, I hope I'm precise enough...
Thank you for reading, let me know if this rings a bell.
DaMarkiM

Post by DaMarkiM »

hoy.
sounds like a boulder dash port/clone.
played the original on C64 and i know there are a quite a few windows versions from 95-05 out there.
you could google image search boulder dash port/clone and see whether one of those looks like your game.

best regards
mm
Boutade

Post by Boutade »

hello, I've taken a look at the possible clones and ports, but to no avail. I even managed to find a record of many boulder dash clones and ports, but my game isn't listed here. I have no idea where to look.