TopDown 3d persob shooter similar to C-Dogs, probably set in an Hotel

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
BadNewsGrace

Post by BadNewsGrace »

ATTENTION PLEASE: Take in consideration that as i will explain i was a toddler at the time. Every single detail could hav been made up from memory. So take with pinches everything you read. All suggestions, even the further, could be right
  • -Platform
    PC. And i think just PC. It's not the kind of game i could imagine converted for PS1. I looked for list of DOS for years with no luck. So not sure if it was actually a Dos. But I played on my Windows computer. At the time I had a Windows 95
  • - Let's start from the Time. When it could have been relesased:
    I'm now 24, and I recall playing this game on my PC when I was a kid. Probably even before Elementary School.
    Since my dad job is related to softwares, some of his collegues used to download and gift us some games. I must specify this cause, since we are not the one who bought the game, and since I doubt they did, this game could be even older than the time I palyed. On my Pc I had games like Prince of Persia, Bumpy, Batman and Robin Cartoon Maker, Outlaws from Lucas' Arts, Iznogoud. So I suppose this is from mid 90s too. But I can't tell.
    One thing FOR SURE is that I played this game once with a cousin that came to visit me after we had fun with lego building the Titanic.
    So TITANIC was already relesased (jan 1998). If the game was recent forces us to think between 1997 and 2000
  • - The Game Genre:
    It has been years I've made resareches even in the sites suggested by your site gude with no luck, but I recently found a game SO similar to what my memory has saved that maybe - and i say maybe - could actually be the one i'm talking about. MAYBE I played this game and invented all the details you will read from now on, but I don't wanna give up to this idea XD
    As the description claims I talk about Cyberdogs, and C-Dogs.
    Actually I've just found DOS Game: The Ultimate Tapan Kaikki that is even MORE similar
    It was, a shooter for sure, with many areas and room to visit, and 90% sure it was top-down! If not, it had at least the perspective of an RPG Maker.
    The main difference is that it was not that sci-fi. If I could imagine a setting, it would be one like Cluedo. All characters and setting reminded me more of a sort of hotel.
  • -Goal of the game
    I was little, not english native (but i ignore if there were instrcutions of any sort), and not a great gamer. I passed the first level just once.
    But I STRONGLY remember this detail that could be seen as the ONLY thing my memory says it's true: so please, take it in consideration.
    Exactly like in Cyberdogs there was a moment, after you killed almost all the enemies (*read down), you were able to access an area that would have sent you to the next level. The infamous area spawn mostly randomly on the map, and was a warp blue thing with a yellow font over it. What I strongly remember is that this area in the 1st level... 80% of the time was in the bathroom. The toilets door were closed, until there were just TWO survivors one of them opened up. The first one able to reach for it or kill the other one, won.
  • -Random Details
    > It was not U vs CPU. It was a free for all. The enemies used to kill each other
    > I can swear you could pick the one to play among... i dunno... let's say not more than 6-7 characters. After you picked your character you were in a room. Pretty squared. Maybe yellow ground. Sort of moquette. A bedroom? I could be making this up. I think you went down. The door was down. It was a part of wall not drawn, like in RPG.
    > Enemies didn't spawn randomly. And there weren't HUNDREADS of them. There was a SPECIFIC number of character playing.
    The ones playing were U and the one you didn't pick. They all walk and run through the map that was not RANDOMLY generated. If I was a good player at the time, i could have even understood how to move on it. And they were all killing each other. Sometimes you could walk through a room during a fight.
    > The only weapon i can remember it is the gun with stright bullets going vertically or hizzontally, very flashgames style. I think you could actually see everyone healthbar floating over their head. And the remaining health was red. It was not made of "Squares" or "hearts" (i mean that they didn't claim how many hits were required to kill the character). They were healthbar in fightinggame style.
    > I talked about cluedo cause i think I used to pick a character in green suit that we could associate to the Reverend Green. Not sure if there was also a "maid". But two characters i used to face were a girl kind similar to Nina Williams (Even if ultra pixelated and simplistic) and one with grey hair and black-white suit with red tie like hitman. Obv this info above all the other one is probably extremly wrong
  • Added Informations after your replies
    - I don't remember very much blood. My parents were kinda ... apprhensive and sometimes sat with me playing.
    I could bet my own soul that I NEVER played anything violent as kid until GTA San Andreas, and even GTA was not that gruesome.
    Loaded has too much explosion and blood. I would have remembered as an extremly violent game.
    So my game definitively is not that gruesome.
  • -Aesthetic of the game
    All things considered, it is probably from late 90s cause I remember it was aesthetically pleasant. As far as i could have been easy to impress when I was 5-6 years old, to me it's more similar to an RPG Maker look, than to C-Dogs. It was more pleasant, and this makes me think it could not have been relesased BEFORE 1994.
It's not...
> Loaded
> The Chaos Engine / Soldiers Of Fortune

I think it's a lot of details. I will add if i ever remember new stuff.
Last edited by BadNewsGrace on Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Did you look at the games referenced in Mobygames description of Cyberdogs?
'Soldiers of Fortune'/'Chaos Engine', and the 'Loaded' game series:

https://www.mobygames.com/game/soldiers-of-fortune

https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/loaded-series
BadNewsGrace

Post by BadNewsGrace »

Both already checked. I gotta admit that if I was not so damn sure that the setting of "my" game was inside a building, I could have been tricked by Solider of Fortune. Something I did not named cause I'm sure it's false, is that its presentation fo the character is what my mind remembers. Those rectangle with "pixel" art of characters.
Everything about the presentation, even the Producer that would totally make me go "YEAH IT'S THAT!" by instinct. But as soon as the gameplay starts nothing click. It is in a forest. It is too fast. It is too chaotic.

On the other hand Loaded is not.
An info I will add is that i don't remember very much blood. My parents were kinda ... apprhensive and sometimes sat with me playing.
I could bet my own soul that I NEVER played anything violent as kid until GTA San Andreas, and even GTA was not that gruesome.
Loaded has too much explosion and blood. I would have remembered as an extremly violent game.
So my game definitively is not that gruesome.

But thank you a lot.