Old(er) Survival Horror Game - First Person (PC?)

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
LuckyLoki

Post by LuckyLoki »

Howdy y'all, would greatly appreciate if you could help me remember / find this game I've been trying to find!

From what I can recall, it is a first person shooter, similar to the vein of half-life where you visit an old childhood friend at his giant mansion, who is dying. Upon arrival, you discover / are informed about his family being supernatural in some form (I believe they are either vampires or ghouls of something, all I can specifically remember is that you have to cut off of their heads to permanently kill them.)
The plot after finding out this information quickly spirals in you hunting down his family and eventually him, all with a wide array of weapons and abilities to use against other supernatural foes.

The main character was a slightly older gentleman and setting of this game was semi-industrial, towards the time frame stories like HP Lovecraft take place almost, I believe. The main level or at least the first one maybe was a giant old house with servants that were still walking around that you could save from the monsters when they attack. It was a horror game with 3D graphics.

I believe it was a PC game as it would have used the mouse for the first person combat back when I believe it came out.

I greatly appreciate any assistance y'all will be able to give!
FoldArt

Post by FoldArt »

Was it Clive Barker's Undying?

Sounds very similar by your description. I can't post links, but you can search wikipedia for the full breakdown of the game.

If it is then GOG released it digitally last year, you can buy it for $2 there and get full support.

It was abandonware for awhile though, so you can find it many places for free to download. :racing:
LuckyLoki

Post by LuckyLoki »

Hello!

Yes, that is exactly what it is! Thank you greatly!
FoldArt

Post by FoldArt »

My pleasure :thumbsup: