Single player (?) spaceship 'io' game ~1998

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
vakontation

Post by vakontation » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:56 pm

Believe it was on MSDos...I remember playing as a little blue space ship, with which for some reason I associate the name "sharky", but it's very possible that it was just my nickname for the ship. As far as I can recall, you could choose to play as a number of differently colored and shaped ships, which would have different flying speed and weapon types. I think the point of the game was just to live as long as you can and get takedowns on other ships, but I probably had no idea what the game was really about at my age at the time.

Game was played in a 2d space, seen from overhead. I want to say it was a light-blue background, but I am really not too sure. Main aspects I remember are the fast little blue ship, which I assume was the default option, and I think there was a slow-moving brown ship which was tanky and had a stronger weapon, but heaven knows what it might have been.

Reason I say it is an 'io' game, it seems to me that it may well have resembled some of the games like Agar, Diep, etc. I certainly would say the control scheme was very similar.

Truly a horrifyingly small amount of information, haha. If you can recognise what game it is, lord bless you. I would love to even just look at pictures of it again, much less play it. (<3 !)
Lifelong gamer - MSDos games in 90s - Age of Empires 2 2001-present - Mario Kart, Tennis, Party, Golf 2002-2012 -
Runescape 2005-2018 - Age of Empires 3 2006-2007 - Warcraft 3 custom games 2009-2012 - Minecraft 2013-present - Dota 2 2013-2017 - League of Legends 2017-present - Teamfight Tactics 2019-present

Huge fan of Teamfight Tactics & autobattler genre

Rwolf
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Rwolf » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:42 pm

Maybe one of the StarControl games? I think the first was just versus fighting, the second & third had more of an exploration & base-building theme. Long time ago though.