1995-97 DOS 1st person game / simillar to Anvil of Dawn / you shrink yourself in size often [Lands of Lore 2]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
DonGheritch

1995-97 DOS 1st person game / simillar to Anvil of Dawn / you shrink yourself in size often [Lands of Lore 2]

Post by DonGheritch »

I was little and I didn't play the game myself but watched my dad play, so my memorry is very vague.
I'm pretty sure the game should be from around 1995-97.
I mixed it up in my memory with another game that my dad played around the same time, that I was able to identify - Anvil of Dawn. So when describing I might mix up some details with that game. Specific things that I remember, and didn't see in Anvil of Dawn:
- in that game unlike Anvil of Dawn you weren't locked to a grid when moving around I'm pretty sure
- I think you had a portrait of your character that looked like generic human from Anvil of Dawn (though that might be one of the details I mix up)
- the key thing is that you had different spells and among them one that turns your character into rabbit (or mouse?) - your character portarait would change too. You had to use that spell often to crawl through small caves (they were wide, but with a low ceiling). You had to go quickly, because spell didn't work for very long and you could get crushed.
- environments consisted of earth, grass and rivers, as far as I can recall. The rivers you could try to swim across (or walk anderwater?) and often end up eaten by a wale looking creature (I think it was a pre-rendered cutscene of something huge sweeming towards you underwater)
- I believe it was an RPG, but I can't remember fighting enemies. I only remember enemies that are in the Anvil of Dawn. Perhaps it's an Action or Adventure

DonGheritch

1995-97 DOS 1st person game / simillar to Anvil of Dawn / you shrink yourself in size often

Post by DonGheritch »

well, shame no one here was any help, but I managed to identify the game - it's called Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny

Rwolf
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

1995-97 DOS 1st person game / simillar to Anvil of Dawn / you shrink yourself in size often

Post by Rwolf »

https://www.mobygames.com/game/lands-of ... of-destiny

TY for update, and good you found it, I think this is the one game in the LoL series I have not played.