2000s marketing and consumerism educational game

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
heavyvanilla

2000s marketing and consumerism educational game

Post by heavyvanilla »

I'm desperately trying to remember this random game I used to play when I was younger. It would have been in the early to mid 2000's, maybe like 2005.

I can't remember if was an online game or PC game. I'm pretty sure was online, but if not it would have been played on Windows.

Basically the game was a very cartoon comic book animation style. It was hosted by a guy and a girl who always had weird banter (the girl would make fun of the guy for being dumb etc.) You started the game by choosing what business you wanted to start and your options were wither a skateboard shop, comic book shop, pet groomer, landscaping business and maybe another one that I can't remember.

Once you chose your business, you had to basically try and be successful and make money. You could do this by buying advertisements in newspapers or tv commercials, or even on blimps. You also had to stock different products in whatever store you chose, so if you had a comic book store, you had to try and make sure you had more comics of the kind that were currently popular or in demand at the time.

Also, every week a newspaper article would come out in the paper about a rise in popularity over a product or bad news about another one, and it would affect sales you would make, so you would have to adjust your store accordingly.

Basically the game was just a lessons in consumerism and capitalism but I spent such a huge chunk of my life addicted to it, so if anyone knows anything that might help me find this game, please let me know!
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

There's a category of Business Simulation games at MobyGames you can look through.

Since it lists games for all platforms, you might try narrowing it down to Windows only or browser only, and check out the relevant years.