Russian FPS

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Redflame18

Russian FPS

Post by Redflame18 »

Remember to play this game on windows, the grafics was like Wolfensteins Return to Castle, the title i think was in russian, and the game from what i can remeber was starting directly with a war or a battle of some sort...
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

The only FPS games I can recall with explicit russian content is 'Specnaz' and 'Specnaz 2'; not sure if they match what you seek? They are more like later CoD etc. (modern) games, not WW2 like Wolfenstein Castle.

There are some youtube recordings of the second game, which I have not played. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub2RBhV0kEI
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

It has been noted numerous times, and actually stated in the the rules, that "old" is a completely non-descriptive adjective that absolutely does not help to identify a game, like, at all.

Unless you specify the exact, or at least approximate time period when you played the game, you significantly reduce the chances of finding it.

Please remember more details about the game. You say it started with a battle - with whom? What did you need to do? In what way was the title Russian? Is Metro-2 Russian enough? or was it indeed something like Spetsnaz like Rwolf suggested?