Sci-fi RTS/FPS Windows between 1990 -2003

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Bloodseeker21

Sci-fi RTS/FPS Windows between 1990 -2003

Post by Bloodseeker21 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:03 pm

Hi i am trying to remember of a game i played. it had to deal with a home base where you can create vehicles like tanks and planes (ships) and turrets and what not but you could switch between them on the hub on top. The only games that i found similar to this was the Battlezone series (e.g Battlezone 2) although it may seem familiar i dont recall any of the maps in those games and the whole aspect of being able to construct vehicles easily and instantly switch/warp between them was not really seen in Battlezone and i dont remember being able to walk like a soldier as seen in the gamplays of Battlezone. i remember that when one machine was destroyed you were automatically sent to another one. I just remembered that you could spawn the machines on the map like if it was an expanded map of rts games that usually be on the bottom right/left corners and you could have selected the machines from said expanded map. Also the UI (or HUD) was very similar to Ground Control UI(or HUD). Any help would be appreciated, i have been digging and searching the internet to no avail. Please and thank you.

MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:26 am

Maybe something like Incoming/Incoming Forces or Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising? I think that these might have the features you're looking for but not sure ATM.

Bloodseeker21

Post by Bloodseeker21 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:55 am

MrFlibble wrote:Maybe something like Incoming/Incoming Forces or Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising? I think that these might have the features you're looking for but not sure ATM.
Yes it has similar features to these games but its not them. its has the perspective of incoming forces but you could still see your units like hostile waters. i think i remember that you could easily open up the menu like in starcraft and the save that state (really not sure if this was a feature).

Bloodseeker21

Post by Bloodseeker21 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:45 pm

HI someone was able to find it for me. it was Urban assault 100%
https://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/urban-assault.

Thanks so much agin for your help. :love: