Beat'em up game

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
dujo13309

Beat'em up game

Post by dujo13309 »

Hello fellow members,

I have you come you all again for some help.
I can't really say much about this game, but I will try my best.
It was a typical Beat'em up game with a medieval theme with some fantasy in it. Pixel Graphics, It was sort-of the same style as final fight. Although I only played the demo sadly.

The character was pale colored, had spiky hair, carried a buster sword and was able to use magical attacks. There was also a knight character you can play as in the demo.

The demo started off with the main character walking in a forest, and then was attacked by some bandits. After that as you advance the stage you will end up in a village. Where you get a glimpse of the stage boss. The stage bandit boss was at the end of the level where there was a port, with some boats in the background. The stage boss was muscular. At the end of the demo, I remember that I saw pictures of an indoor castle level.

That is all I can remember, I really hope you can help me find this long searched game. I thank you all in advanced. :D :angel:
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Golden Axe series or a clone?
dujo13309

Post by dujo13309 »

Thanks for your reply!

I searched it up and it wasn't the golden axe series unfortunately. The main character was pale skin colored with a buster sword. He had spikey hair too.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Gah, I certainly do remember an image of a spiky haired guy with a huge sword, anime style. I think he also wears a big red scarf around his neck while the clothes are dark blue or something like that. But the name of the game eludes me, I never played it but read about it or saw a commercial in a magazine.

[Edit] GiantBomb has a list of spiky-haired characters, who'd have thought:
https://www.giantbomb.com/spiky-haired- ... haracters/

UPD: The one I was thinking about is not on the list.
dujo13309

Post by dujo13309 »

Thanks for your help as well, but I dont think he was based off an anime character 🤔 there was a muscular bandit boss at the end of a stage where ships were docked.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Final Fantasy VII has a guy with spiky hair and a buster sword, maybe it's in that series somewhere?
dujo13309

Post by dujo13309 »

It can't be. I am a massive FF series fan :( I don't recall this game being made by square enix :/ thanks for the reply though
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Anything like https://www.mobygames.com/game/dungeons ... er-of-doom

And I'm not sure what a buster sword is. Bastard sword? Anime oversized sword?

Edit: looked buster up. Fun. Thanks, FF7! "Kids these days". Then saw this quote: The katakana is �スターソード, or Basut� S�do. :)
dujo13309

Post by dujo13309 »

Sadly it isn't that game, I also looked through all the games on that list and haven't been able to find it :( the game should be around 2002-2006 Worst case I'll have google up a list of ALL existing arcade beat'em ups and check one by one. :/ appreciate the help though
10kan

Beat'em up game

Post by 10kan »

I know it's a little late, but the folks in r/tipofmyjoystick were trying to find a game that the poster thought was the same one you're looking for here.

Turns out it was Majin War by FreeWorldGroup. Is this your mystery game too?