Dos Tank Game [Return Fire]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.

Dos Tank Game [Return Fire]

Post by Guest »

Hola, I've been looking hard to find this old tank game that I played about almost 8 years ago. It's a topdown view tank game where your tank is a triangle of some color, usually a shade of blue. It supported up to 6 players, 1-3 human and 1-5 computer. The right hand side had the names and stats for each player and after each round, you entered a shop where u could get better guns like Tri-Laser, or Dual homing...stuff like that. Anyone play this before and remember the name? i remember there being some stupid msg before the start of the program asking you to send $15 to this guy/girl(name sounded like a girl) in Australia(i think it was there) for the full/upgraded version. Please tell me if you've heard of it so I know I'm not crazy.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

perhaps Tank Wars
it matches your description

but it isnt australian
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

scrub that I dont know at the moment

But i have Tank Wars in a folder called Bomb30 ? Does that help
wierdidiot

Post by wierdidiot »

well the game wasnt artillery style, it was actual realtime, drive around and blast others to smitherings. The tanks were triangles that could turn, and go forward and back. If it helps, the background was always grey and the graphics were left at that =P
Thunderdog
<b>Token Black Guy</b>
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

Post by Thunderdog »

This sounds familiar.... The name "Gemini" comes up. I think I've played this before, about 8 years ago.

Post by Guest »

The name of the game is destruction zone (dzone)

yes, it's from south Australia

i have it. or you can find it at the adress below

[Disallowed Link]

ian [email protected]
Thunderdog
<b>Token Black Guy</b>
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

Post by Thunderdog »

Abandonware.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Ian: In the future, do not post links to abandonware games (or any site that the powers that be consider illegal) on these message boards. Thanks.
wierdidiot

Post by wierdidiot »

OMG DZONE THATS IT! thank you soooo much =)
Raven

need a tank game myself

Post by Raven »

very old tank game kinda has graphics like Tron. only one player and you shoot the enemy tanks and get power ups as you go along.
ccclee

tank games

Post by ccclee »

i am lookin for a tank game also it was two player one tank was on one side of the screen and the 2 tank was on the other side of the screen and you blasted at each other with nukes and many other weapons i played it about 10-15 years ago

Post by Guest »

I am also looking for an old tank game. I was driving a gray tank and destroying some high buildings. Most of the buildings were also gray. The view angle was not top or side and the game was 3d but was working in DOS. The view angle was similar to 3rd person view but unlike driving games, the camera was not that close. I checked many tank games and the one I am looking for is none of those below:
Dif-1 Laser Tank
Abrams Battle Tank
Nano Tank
Tank
MGT (a.k.a. Magnetik Tank)
A-10 Tank Killer
Thomas The Tank Engine
Thomas The Tank Engine 2
Tank Attack
Laser Tank
Tank Arena
Tank Wars (a.k.a. Bomb)
K1 Tank

someone pllzzzz remember the title :cry: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Post by Guest »

Another tank game was called FirePower...
larry

looking for a tank game

Post by larry »

Hi. I'm looking for an old tank game with only one level (sort of a desert). It's one or two players and you have to destroy all of the enemy tanks (I think there's nine) to win. your side has nine tanks as well and you can use buttons to switch to each one. You can also destroy stuff on the battlefield for extra points. I think oil towers are worth 10000. If someone could just give me the name of this game, it would be great. Thanks!
vajco

Post by vajco »

i am looking for tankwars i was played that on 286 PC :cry:
does somebody know where i can dowload full version???
Return of the Guest

Post by Return of the Guest »

Guest wrote:I am also looking for an old tank game. I was driving a gray tank and destroying some high buildings. Most of the buildings were also gray. The view angle was not top or side and the game was 3d but was working in DOS. The view angle was similar to 3rd person view but unlike driving games, the camera was not that close. I checked many tank games and the one I am looking for is none of those below:
Dif-1 Laser Tank
Abrams Battle Tank
Nano Tank
Tank
MGT (a.k.a. Magnetik Tank)
A-10 Tank Killer
Thomas The Tank Engine
Thomas The Tank Engine 2
Tank Attack
Laser Tank
Tank Arena
Tank Wars (a.k.a. Bomb)
K1 Tank

someone pllzzzz remember the title :cry: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I found it more than 6 years later after making the post above and about 13 years later after playing the game itself.

It's called:

Return Fire

Sorry if my description 6 years ago was a bit inaccurate. :D

HAiL TO THE KiNG, BABY!!! :devil:
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Hurray, triumph!

Links:
Return Fire
Return Fire II

Inspiration:
Fire Power
Similar:
Tread Marks
Guest ONCE AGAIN

Old Dos Tank Game [Return Fire]

Post by Guest ONCE AGAIN »

Hey it's me once more, Return of the Guest. Sorry for the ultimate necrobump, but I have realised a few weeks ago that I've got the game wrong, I've found the right one while watching some Sega Saturn games on Youtube.

The game I remember is called Mass Destruction, it jogs my memory when I watch the videos so it must be that one instead. I might have played both games some decades ago though.

Maybe this thread will go down in the history of internet as the necroest necrobump or the perpetual necrobump but whatever, I will never forget this thread.

See you maybe in the next decade!
:racing: :racing: :racing:
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Old Dos Tank Game [Return Fire]

Post by emmzee »

:clap: Well, glad that's finally resolved!
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament