Checkers/chess spinoff ~2008 via web browser [Quadradius]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
gumbogogo

Checkers/chess spinoff ~2008 via web browser [Quadradius]

Post by gumbogogo »

I'm trying to remember the name of this 1v1 online board game which, iirc, was loosely based off of chess or checkers. It may not still be active, but I thought I'd give this forum a shot. You moved these metallic looking disks around a 3d board (some tiles had different depths). You could manipulate the pieces and the board by collecting power-ups that spawned on the board in random locations. That's really all I can remember about the game other than that I believe it was green vs. red and the board also looked metallic. Hopefully you guys can help!
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Lots of games like that were encoded in the chess+ engine in http://zillions-of-games.com

If you could find the name there you might find the specific version you seek.

Otherwise Maybe start with variants like archon, battle chess, theater of death.
gumbogogo

Post by gumbogogo »

I take it back... I think chess is a bad comparison in every aspect except for that each player has pieces(something like 5 pieces?) on their respective sides and you try to clear the opponent of their pieces by moving your own around the shared board. The board would always be different every game because of how the power-ups would affect it over the course of the game (one might raise an entire row, blocking pieces from being able to step onto it without first grabbing another different power-up; I think one allowed you to set a teleporter that could be used to move your pieces around). I'm almost certain that this is a unique game only found on its own website.

Thanks for the link though, I'll take a look at it.
gumbogogo

Post by gumbogogo »

I found it... It's called Quadradius!
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Fantastic! Thanks for letting us know. Have fun!

3D Space Checkers on Crack
http://quadradius.com