2D sci-fi platformer

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
kruptworld

2D sci-fi platformer

Post by kruptworld »

this is driving me crazy.

it was 2d / platformer. all i remember is that i was in an underground and it seemed like a metal silver level. i had to shoot a sentinel robot looking thing. the music was industrial feeling. it was around dos win 95/98 era.

it had a gritty feeling to it. you were a person. was he wearing sunglasses? you could walk into door in the wall to go higher or lower parts of the level? i also think it was a demo...

its not the game "abuse", its very similar. more cramped and less action packed. very close to the game "eat this"!

i think the spirits were 3D in the 2d platformer...
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Re: 2D sci-fi platformer

Post by MrFlibble »

kruptworld wrote:it had a gritty feeling to it. you were a person. was he wearing sunglasses? you could walk into door in the wall to go higher or lower parts of the level? i also think it was a demo...

its not the game "abuse", its very similar. more cramped and less action packed. very close to the game "eat this"!
There are two more games based on the Abuse engine, Genocide and Dark Angael. Also maybe check out Hunetr Hunted, although I'm not sure if the control scheme is the same as in Abuse.
Vyothric

Post by Vyothric »

"Less action packed" made me think it might be one of the Prince of Persia style kind of platformers like Flashback, but (going with the time frame) perhaps something later like onEscapee.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Long shot, but maybe check out Duke Nukem: Manhatten Project? Probably too new, though.